Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 months out as of july 8th update grrrrrrrr

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
well ive not been on in a while, heres what i know for sure
i have had problems unbelieveable, im still sleeping in the recliner, haveing sharp scream out electricle pains on the right leg above the knee on the side like 15 times a day if not more. if i try to lay in my bed which is a pillow top, with 4" memory foam on that, i wake with a scream like someone poured gas on my legs and set them on fire!!. omg there is no end to the pain in my back, im on hydro 10 4 times a day, neurontin 300 mg 2 x day, 60 mg cymbalta 2 x day. and still very little relief. ive spoke numerous times to my dr. nurse(ive only seen my dr. 1 x since my surgery and that was for like 2 minutes after surgery) i have to go thru her, she tells me oh this is normal, and i have to call in each month just to get the lousy hydro. the cymbalta and neurontin my reg dr. gave me trying to help.
i was told that the neuroligist office will send me a letter
in sept to come in for a check, omg i cant evan get them to see me before then. i feel something is wrong. i cant evan do the simplest thing, and i pay for it in pain for the next 3 or 4 days. i swear i wish i never let them ever cut on me i had less pain before, wish i would have just gone to a pain clinic and gotten pain meds for the rest of my life, this pain is 10x worse than i have had over the last

25 years. i am so mad at myself for letting the dr.'s talk me into this. yes you might say it takes time, but the
longer i go the worse i am, should'nt i be getting better instead of worse?????????????

• I'm sorry to hear you have such pain in your legs and back. I think with that kind of pain you should be seen directly by the Surgeon. My Dr. upped my Cymbalta to 120 mg for my leg pain plus injections are helping me somewhat. I wonder if you page the Surgeon today and bypass the Nurse you may get some more help with the pain. I take a muscle relaxant like valium after I had shoulder surgery. I hope you get some pain relief soon. Prayers for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• I am so sorry that you are still having such bad pain.

I agree with Charry, that you should see someone soon. By this time after surgery, you should definately not still be feeling worse than before surgery.

If your doctor won't see you until September, perhaps you could go to ER and that would get the ball rolling.

Deebra, I really hope that you get some relief very soon. You have had a really rough ride, and deserve some help. :-)
  • Oh Deebra...I'm so sorry.
    At 4 months out, if you are in more pain (and in your case it sounds like a ton more pain), things are definitely not right.

Call them and tell them you absolutely cannot wait until September. Then call them every other day asking if they've had a cancellation. Seriously, do this for you!

Also, start asking your GP about another opinion. You are still under another doctor's care I suspect but any doctor that cares, will see you.

I know with the microD's, I was technically released after 3- months of care so it was easier. With the PLIF's, it's probably about 6 months. But you should not wait.

I wish I could reach through the screen to give you a very gentle hug and tell you everything will be ok. Trust me when I understand why you feel you wish they never cut you open. It seems as if the real issue is their ability to help you now that you are not good.

Call them and tell them you need to see them, they need to help. Oh honey, I am so sorry. definitely go to the ER if needed and use your general practitioner to escalate things if needed.

• and wondering how you are today. :-)

Please do contact someone and chase them up about seeing you to get you some relief.

Meanwhile, do keep talking to us. We are here for you; to support you and just to be an ear to hear your frustrations.
    We care, and have a very good idea of what you are going through.

Do let us know how you get on. We are here for you Deebra :D
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am so sorry to hear the pain you are in, I hope you get an appointment soon and the doctor gives you some stronger pain relief. keep us updated, we are here for you

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • thank you so much for your comments to my post