Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going outside the house

jade10025jjade10025 Posts: 42
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am venturing out! I have been so bored. So very bored. Im not in much pain, so i roam in circles around my house. I play with my kittens, but its makes me sad they are 1 lb over the weight requirement for lifting. Thankfully they are sweet girls and find me when they want attention. They are like little dogs, lol. Rarely will they be in a rom different than me.
Anyway, today i must go renew my drivers license. And apply for temporary handicapped parking. And then i need to go sign a lease for my new apartment so me and the kittys can escape the moldy current apartment the landlord classifies as mildew and therefore hasn't fixed. Our stuff moves this weekend, though we move when my back allows me to live alone again. Which I hope is sooner rather than later.

Anyway, Im getting outta the hose. I wanna do a happy dance, but i think that might ruin my back and plans for the day, so im dancing in my head.

My my mother not treat me like in a broken egg about to shatter ever second. she means well, but smothering can be a understatement. Even the nurses at the hospital we amused by her.

Think happy thoughts for me!

• Kiss your mom!! YOu are so lucky to have her. Each day will be easier and getting out will make you feel so much better. But expect a little extra pain tonite. You are using muscles that have been "sleeping" for the last week.

As for the kitties - it's a pound of fluff which shouldn't count.
  • Good to hear you're getting another apartment and get out of that mold it's not healthy for sure! Kittens are so cute when they're little tiny fluff balls. My kitten is now 9 months old and wish she had a playmate. Wish I lived closer and get a kitten from you. Hope you enjoy getting out today even for little walks. My best. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • So happy to hear you are feeling better! Getting out will feel great!

Please becareful especially if you are planning on driving. Having the muscles and nerves cut can make it difficult and painful to slam on the brakes if needed.

If you are still taking pain meds someone should drive you...

Enjoy your day! Hopefully the sun is shining for you today!
  • so nice to get out. so nice to be back resting in my bed. so tired.

it was a good day. definitely woke up some sleeping muscles.

now my kittens are playing with each other around me glad to have company again. they don't like it when i leave them,lol.

i think i tired mom out too. she is taking a nap. we got a lot done though, so YAY.

Now, well see how my back responds... first test down, results not in yet.