Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cervical Fusion c4-c7 Post Op 3 months Stiffness/Pain

Monica LynnMonica Lynn Posts: 43
edited 06/11/2012 - 1:45 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:''( I am now 3 months post op and do not see my new Neurologist until July 28. I still have not slept through one night, neck feels like getting tighter, choking/feeling the plate more and more. I have extreme trouble lifting head off of pillow. Pain shoots down both sides of my neck and now I am getting pain in the middle of my neck in back, pains will shoot up to my head. Has anybody had these problems? I just feel like I can not take too much more of this. I feel 90 in a 45 year old body.

Sorry to whine, but I just never know what to expect with this neck I have been left with. ~X(
advertisement

Comments

• Why don't you give your surgeon a call and explain the problems you're having? At three months post-op, I would expect you to have less problems than you're having.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know it's no fun.

Cath
  • Do they have you on any kind of muscle relaxants? It sounds like all your neck muscles are tightening up from the surgery? Maybe see if you can do a massage or two to loosen them up. I believe i was able to do massages two months after my surgery.