Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Fusion c4-c7 Post Op 3 months Stiffness/Pain

Monica LynnMMonica Lynn Posts: 43
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
:''( I am now 3 months post op and do not see my new Neurologist until July 28. I still have not slept through one night, neck feels like getting tighter, choking/feeling the plate more and more. I have extreme trouble lifting head off of pillow. Pain shoots down both sides of my neck and now I am getting pain in the middle of my neck in back, pains will shoot up to my head. Has anybody had these problems? I just feel like I can not take too much more of this. I feel 90 in a 45 year old body.

Sorry to whine, but I just never know what to expect with this neck I have been left with. ~X(
advertisement

Comments

• Why don't you give your surgeon a call and explain the problems you're having? At three months post-op, I would expect you to have less problems than you're having.

I'm sorry you're going through this, I know it's no fun.

Cath
  • Do they have you on any kind of muscle relaxants? It sounds like all your neck muscles are tightening up from the surgery? Maybe see if you can do a massage or two to loosen them up. I believe i was able to do massages two months after my surgery.