Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Fusion C3,C4,C5

splashssplash Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone, I am new to posting on SpineHealth. I have followed this forum for the last 4 years and have found a lot of good information. I will give you some background in formation. 2006 I had a fusion at C4-C5 thur the front and and a Corpecomy and Laminectomy thur the back. I now find myself looking at a-redo on C4-C5 but including C3. I guess my guestion is. Has anyone had C3,4,5 fused and how hard it was on you? What kind of mobility issues if any have you had? Thanks,

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hi splash,
    Welcome Spine Health, seems you already know the wealth of information and support from reading your post.
    I had a corpectomy, discectomy, multi-level fusion of C3 thru C6 with a strut, cage, rods, plates, & screws done from both posterior & anterior sides.
    That was done in 2007 and my range of motion is surprising good. As might be expected this was a major surgery but it wasn't a bad recovery. In the near future I will be facing more fusion below and above that area due to severe OA. I was told this may not be as easy as the previous event.
    Take care,
  • I had disc replacement from level 4-7 and found the surgery not bad at all. Not that i had anything to compare it to. I felt much better after the surgery compared to how i was feeling before it.My mobility is great ,for the first six months or so my right side was stiff,but that was the bad side but it has loosened up a lot and now i have almost full range or motion.
  • I had c4-c7, fusion of all, plate, and screws. This happened March 2010. I have not regained full usage of my right arm and my thumb throbs and hurts all the time. I get the burn in the shoulders and muscle spasms are still bad for me. I see some people w/great results and others like me, still having problems. I also had compressed spinal cord, nerve damage, and etc.... This is MAJOR surgery, keep the collar on if they say to use it. I take Neurontin, Flexril, Hydrocodone, and a blood pressure pill. ( I did not have high blood pressure until I had the surgery, it was brought on by chronic pain)I go to a new Neuro doctor on the 28th, my surgeon is not very nice. He does not want to hear I am still in pain, can't sleep, and can't lift my head off of my pillow. In my surgeon's fantasy world, he did the perfect surgery and I am lying about the pain. QUESTION everything, my surgeon was such an a__ my pt read MRI report to me weeks after surgery at how severe I was. Good Luck and God Bless
  • I was finaly able to see a NS last week and had an MRI done on Friday so hopefully I will get the results very soon. I was told by two Doc's that I need a Fusion from C4-C7. I'm a little nervous about this surgery due to the risks involved, I was told by a Doctor several years ago that I may not be able to turn my head at all and the pain may be worse.

C4/5 C5/6 C7 Spondlyosis with bilateral neuroforminal narrowing, C3/4 pleural scarring
    straightening of the lordosis curve