Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Results after a year of pain.

Con64CCon64 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I have been suffering pain since a fall at work on the cement floor. I orinally went to a walk in clinic. They did an exray to rule out broken bones, Bone scan and an MRI.
They had me see a orthopaedic surgeon who told me I had bursitis in my hip and gave my a (BLIND) injection with no xray guilded equiptment.
They I went to a pain clinic that did two more injections but with xray juilded eqiptment. They read the MRI report and said that they would recommend the Nerve Ablasion. They couldn't promise that it would work. I do want to point out that I have heard so many horror stories about cortisone injections.... I have a NEEDLE PHOBIA! I am scared to death to get this done, so scared I can't go and do it.
I also had a IME (Independent Medical Evaluation), done by the request of the Labor and Industries company. Nobody seems to think that there is anything wrong. So.... here is my pain history with my case and the MRI results.

Pain is in my lower back, probably from osteoarthritis. But since falling over a year ago, I have pain in my right hip. I have numb skin on the outside of my hip at times, sometimes worse than other times. I cannot walk very far, as the pain gets worse. When I sit, the pain goes away. I do have off and on pain like dull pain up around the whole hip bone that sometimes throbs.
I was put back to work with no restrictions and after 4 hours I couldn't do it anymore. When it is bad, I feel like someone is pulling my lower back and hips to the floor and find it difficult to walk. Very slow and painful.
I also have fibromyalgia and my feet have begun getting swollen the last few months as well and I have to take water pills for that everyday. I am only 46!
I believe that there is something in the MRI results that have to warrent a problem that the walk in doctor just isn't qualified to see.
Finding: The alignment is within normal lmts. The conus apperas normal and is at the level of L1-2.Minimal anterior wedging of T11 and T12. No abnormal marrow edema within the T12 or T11 verebral bodies. Probable tiny intrasacral meningeal cyst or perineural cyst within the scaral spinal canal at the S2 level.Paravertebral soft tissues are unremarkable.
L5-S1, the disc is mildly decreased in height.Minimal disc bulging. Mild facet arthropathy. No nerve impngement or stenosis.
L4-L5, minmal disc bulging. Mild to moderate left facet arthropathy. No nerve impingement or stenosis.
L3-L4, small right foraminal-far lateral disc protrusion. Minimal right neural foraminal narrowing.
IMPRESSION: Miniaml disc bulging at L5-S1/
Minimal disc bulging L4-L5.
Small right foraminal -far lateral disc protrusion at L3-L4.
Minimal rght neural foraminal narrowing.
Minimal anterior wedging of T11-T12.
So even though all these are minimal,can something still be ccausing all of this pain? And what is the tiny intrasacral menngeal cyst or perineural cyst???? Nobody even mentioned
that.! The IME doctor told me NOT to do the facet joint injections...so not sure what is going on or what to do.

• If your hip is hurting - I wonder if you have any SI (sacroiliac) joint issues. A good physical therapist can actually diagnose this from physical exam alone; there are also SI joint injections (also steroids) but alot of insurance companies stopped covering them.
  • I did have PT early on and they did ice, heat and ultrasound. Nothing worked .... my sister has the sacroiliac problem though...never thought about that. I will look into that. Thank you
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. my sister and i have had the same back surgery and have the same side of sciatica in our left leg and hip problems. looking into family problems just might be the key to a diagnosis. good luck to you and drop by anytime! i hope you find some pain relief soon! Jenny :)
  • Hi con,i have been in pain since may 2009,i fell and after a couple of days the pain kicked in,i went to the doctors who said it was a muscle i knew it was,nt,i went back over a 6month period,after more meds than a chemist i,m sure she sent me to phsio who said my hip was out of alignment,and i had sciatica,i only went twice the pain was too much,i went back to the doctors and flipped my lid,i said after nearly 14 months something needs to be done,mri in 2 weeks,the pain is like living in hell,i have fibro,diag 4 yrs ago that in itself is enough,i hope you get pain free before long,i know just how ya feel x copd,fibro,cervical spondi,carpel tunnel,sciatica.