Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I feel bad/sad

WramblerWWrambler Posts: 1,588
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Water Cooler
My wife dropped Shadow of to get 2/3's of his guy parts taken away... :''(

We know it will make him more family oriented and yada,yada,yada. But, it just feels mean }:)

He is such an unbelievable puppy, my wife and I talked about him at lunch time. I still miss Chewy and probably will always have a little empty spot, but, Shadow is just so darned easygoing and well mannered for his ripe old age of 5 months! He sleeps all night at the foot of our bed. Does not even get up if we use the bathroom! In the morning, I get up and he looks at me as I go in the bathroom. he stays quietly waiting till I come out. We go to the kitchen, I give him his food and make coffee, then we go outside. Never an accident anymore.

When he greets anyone he wags his whole body! He's just a big furry (45.5lbs now) ball of love! No barking or jumping either!

Oh, he is joining many of us here with electronic implants.
We had him chipped $40, a lot cheaper than an SCS or pain pump!

We feel so lucky to have him.
I can't speak for them all, but would highly recommend Labradoodles and goldendoodles to anyone who asks. My office neighbor has a goldendoodle that is just as even tempered as Shadow.

• Sorry kitty story-I got my 5 month old kitten chipped and ouch "clipped" spayed recently also. I didn't want to but the meowing was making me even more sleepless and she was hanging off the window screens literally looking for the tom boys outside!

At least with Shadow fixed up he won't be trying to run away or hop on your neighbor yikes! or run to other dogs in the middle of the street or run away. He'll be more tame. It does sound a little cruel but for the best he won't even know what he's missing really. I'm so glad Shadow is working out for you and I'm sure Chewy would want you to be happy. TC. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    As a pet lover, especially dogs, I always love to see and hear about people that really care about their pet.

Dogs, to me provide so much unconditional love towards
    their masters and family. Who else can you think, that when you come home, walk into the door to see them jumping for joy welcoming you.

You may scold or yell at him, his tail my drop a bit, but in a second he would be licking your face dsin joy.

Wrambler, I am so happy for you and your family that Shadow came along... I know the heartbreak you had when you lost Chewy. But things work out in so many strange ways. Shadow cant replace Chewy, but Shadow is Shadow and it is clear that he brings your family lots of joy and love...

Now, about getting clipped and snip snip, its done and over with.

You and your family are lucky to have Shadow and Shadow is very lucky to have you guys
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Shadow sounds wonderful! He'll probably get over losing his "parts" much faster than you will. It's so hard to see them go through any kind of surgery, even though you know that it's the very best for him.

I have one Boston Terrier, one full sized Rat Terrier, and 3 American short hair cats. Each one is as different and unique as my children. And spoiled! I've been staying with my parents since I've had this most recent surgery, but I just had to go home last weekend because I missed them so much that my chest literally hurt. I'd see my children everyday, but it's a little harder to round up the herd lol.

My oldest cat, Evie, was having a really hard time and was hardly eating. My Boston was also getting more and more depressed as each day went by. I would call and my husband would put me on speaker phone and they'd all gather around the phone. They'd be fine for a few minutes and then right back to moping.

Needless to say, when I walked through the door on Friday night, every"body" went nuts. My husband had to sleep in my daughter's bed so that they could all sleep with me. Even though that was the hardest night physically after surgery, it was the best night emotionally.

Now that I'm back at my parents for the week, the animals seem a little better than last week. I'm going home on Sunday (again), but I'm already missing them terribly!
  • Is fine, He is groggy and was still sleepy this morning, but boy was he hungry! He demanded to go out 1st thing and pee, then right back inside to sit and look at the bowl of treats, he gets one when he goes outside. Not that he goes inside anymore :D
    Then into the kitchen to sit at his food bowl till I fed him. They kept him off food all day yesterday. This morning was the 1st he could eat since Wednesday at midnight! Boy was he hungry!
    We're supposed to keep him calm and off of stairs and furniture till tomorrow, yeah, right...he was on the couch last night before I could get half of NO out!
    He got up this morning and did a great big long stretch too! I don't think that is allowed, but try telling him that! He will be good as new in another day or so.