Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thank You Gift Ideas for PT

Lala329LLala329 Posts: 283
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Water Cooler
Hi guys,

I'm getting ready to go back to school in a few weeks, and I am really wanting to do something nice for my PT. He has been treating me for 3 years now (Yikes, on and off- not consecutively) and has been absolutely wonderful, so I really want to do something to show my appreciation. I've already got little gifts for the ladies who do the scheduling and work in the office, but I'm stumped as far as what to do for my therapist. He's a guy and probably late 30's...All I can come up with is to bake something (I do a *lot* of baking), but I am hoping to come up with some other ideas. I'm a young female so I don't want it to be awkward, but it really is important to me to be able to do a little gift and card.

I'm fortunately keeping all my other doctors, but just for PT I'm going to have to find somebody local.

Has anyone else done thank you type gifts? Any ideas?

• I saw in a magazine just this week something that my girls and I are going to do for all of their teachers this year for Christmas. It's a mason jar with all the "fixings" to make brownies. You attach the recipe on a cute little card with a bow tied around it. All of the dry ingredients are layered inside the clear jar and it looks really nice. The only thing that needed to be added were water and eggs.

Not sure if you wanted something bigger or more elaborate, but this would work nicely for anyone you don't know really personally-like teachers. And if for some reason they don't eat or like the brownies, it's still appealing to the eye as is.
  • The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Bake him something wonderful, that's my vote.
  • I agree with Cath.

Baked goods are known to be "from the heart to the tummy" and sincere. I too vote for baked: Brownies, cup cakes, apple pie! Yummmmm!!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Straight to the stomach!

When I was done with PT on my last day I took in a bunch of cookies with a nice card that said Thanks, blah blah blah.

You would have thought I brought in gold.

If I would of known they were going to go over that big I would have been bringing them in all along.
  • Sometimes there are policies about therapists receiving gifts, although the managers/directors tend to look away.

But who can refuse food! :)

And what guy says, "No thank you! I need to be bikini ready!"

He'll love it, just make enough he can share and have several himself!

So glad you had a relationship with your therapist that you are thankful for! :)

• Yup, I agree. Some home baked goodies should go down a treat - literally! :P

You could add a bottle of wine to be enjoyed with them. :-)
  • I often bring items from neighborhood bakery such as muffins...to my docs office few diff..types then doc and all have nice healthy treats..
    i get some small assorted cookies also for some that don't like muffins.
    Often i dont make foods because unless I know the person personally i wounldn't eat homemade goodies..
    we use to always bake goodies for teachers and classrooms but these days they can't accept them..
    I like the idea of the dry ingredients..often can find them at a gift store.
    I'm sure any gift will be so nice..its very thoughtful and shows them how much we apprieciate them and how much they have helped us..
    Its funny to see how much the receptionist and staff don't get little gifts...they like to see me come in for sure and boy sure helps when i call...
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I prefer if they're a tea drinker a mug with different types of green teas and if they like coffee a $ 10. coffee card to starbucks or coffee place is nice. Or the same idea with coffee mug and a good quality coffee like that. Even a home made fruit basket is nice. I think the best gift is a thank you you're the best!
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for the *great* suggestions.

I'm going with the baked goods- they know me extremely well, so I don't think there will be any issues of feeling uncomfortable eating something homemade. Plus, because baking has been one of my "ya gotta get me feeling better so I can be on my feet in the kitchen" things, it'll be a treat to finally bring my PT some of the goodies he hears about!

A nice little thank you note is really what I want to make sure I do, but you have to have something to attach it to so this is perfect :)

I'll have to remember the coffee/bakery idea, too, for when I do something for my doctors office.
  • I've always found the PTs to be very health concious. I know that takes the fun out of baking but maybe some oatmeal raisin cookies?