Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 months since lumbar, & 5 months till cervical revision

SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:45 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
The good news is the L3-S1 fusion is looking GREAT. 8>

The bad (but expected) news is that my C5-C6-C7 fusion is showing movement at C6 (especially in upward and downward looking x-rays) and extensive spurring at C4 with C4 herniation and nerve impingement. 8}

I'm not quite ready to jump into the cervical surgery yet as I still feel like I'm recovering from the lumbar surgery. I'll do some ESI in my neck, also check on my knee (another long story) and get my Fall necessities done (including Thanksgiving at my parent's home in Michigan which I'm not missing and not flying from AZ in some huge neck brace). L)

Tentatively thinking cervical revision (method not yet determined) in early December. I'm eager to get it under this year's insurance since I've met my deductible and out-of-pocket max - but if it's not the right time and it has to be pushed into 2011 I guess I can deal with that....MAYBE :T
2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 


  • Hi Karen,

    It's good to see the lumbar fusion is healing nicely. Good luck with the cervical issues. I hope you can get that taken care before the end of the year. It's best to take advantage of the insurance oop being met, etc. I hope everything else is going well :)

  • Sorry to hear you might be joining the 'revision' club, as I too am in that club. Mine is C5/6/7 and it failed between 6/7 as well - cracked. Now C8 gets to join in when it gets done, and like you, mine will be front and back to fix it all. Hurmf! C2/3 isn't looking too good either - later on that.

    Thanks to Neuropathy, all is on hold. No lumbar here now thanks to it. With that, neck is back on the front burner with me, lumbar after. I hope you are able to get things scheduled such that it works for you, so long as it doesn't cause you too much pain, or further damage. Thinking of you... *HUG*

    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • That's really good news about your lumbar fusion, but not so for your cervical. Think you've made the right decision not to have the revision until later this year or early next year.

    Hope your lumbar keeps healing well and that the cervical revision will be your last.

    >:D< >:D< >:D<


    XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
Sign In or Register to comment.