Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone taking Trileptal?

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Pain Medications
My pm gave me a script for this yesterday. I'm just wondering if any of you have taken or are taking it and what kind of results you got from it. I must admit that after trying the neurontin, lyrica, and savella I'm hesitant to even start this one! I have bad luck with meds it seems.

Thanks for any info.
Hope you're all having a painfree (or at least tolerable) weekend!

• I took Trileptal for several months and found that while it did help somewhat with the pain, I couldn't deal with the side effects from it. In some very dark dusty corner of possible adverse side effects, I wound up with one that really knocked the docs for a loop. I wound up with constant ear infections from it. I went through several rounds of antibiotics and all sorts of treatments from the ENT doc before two and two was put together and we stopped the Trileptal. My ears cleared up as if someone waved a magic wand.

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Sorry you had such an unusual side effect. I'm sure that was very painful before you figured it out.
    I just hate when you start a new med and have some strange symptoms and tell your Dr about it and they say the med can't be causing "that". My GP has told me that.
    I was just wondering how helpful it was. I'm thinking of waiting to see what my NS has to say Tuesday before starting it. I'm all for trying almost anything to help this pain but it seems like all those type drugs (at least that I've taken) don't agree with me and make matters worse. I told the PM yesterday that the Tramadol is giving me bad headaches so what did she do? Wrote me a script for more Tramadol!
    Thanks for your input "C". I hope you're having a good weekend.

• I hope you find that the Trileptal gives you some relief. I've used several anti-seizure meds and found that they all work to some degree. The ones I like best are Neurontin and Tegretol and the ones I like the least are Lamictal and Trileptal.

Hope your headache subsides soon.