Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

1st follow up with PM

staceysstacey Posts: 99
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey guys! I had my first follow up with my PM since my surgery. I'm 5 weeks and 3 days post op PLIF. I would have seen him much sooner, but he was on vacation. My surgeon, up until this point, has been handling my meds.

Everything overall is OK. Still have an opening at the top of my incision and now have a lump (for lack of a better word) right above that. He told me that it could be the discs directly above that that's causing the lump. We all know that those areas above and below have to compensate for the fused or fusing discs. I'm cool with that, as long as it's not the infection causing it. He just told me to ice the area if it becomes too bothersome. It tends to only irritate me in the evenings.

He pretty much kept all of my meds the same, with one minor adjustment. He upped my Percocet and told me to use the hydrocodone in between if I needed to. I just have to monitor the amount of acetominophen I'm ingesting daily. I've been on the hydrocodone for so long as my primary pain reliever that it was time for a switch. We shall see.

All in all, I'm feeling OK. Starting to have some pain in my right posterior thigh down to behind the knee. That just started 2 days ago. Feels like nerve pain and hopefully it won't stick around too long. It's still not near as bad as before surgery.

You all have a wonderful day :) !!!