Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spider tape for back?

charryccharry Posts: 5,657
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Alternative Treatments
Has anyone tried using spider tape for back pain? Did it help? It's when a Physiotherapist or other tape you up to help with back pain. I was thinking of getting this tape. It's already pre-illustrated so you just put it on your affected area.
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN

• Howdy Charry,

I've not used it myself, but when I was watching Beach Volley Ball on the last Olympics, they used it on one of the athletes on her upper back and right shoulder. It seemed to work for her. :) They also interviewed her, and she made the comment that if she didn't have that tape, she would have had to drop out of the competition! She didn't say what her medical issue was though...

If you get it, please let us know if it helps. :---)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Charry,

I have seen it but never tried it. I've done everything else, maybe it would be of support when I am working. If you try it, give us a review :)

• if you get this tape and try it, please do let us know about it.

I haven't seen it, and can't imagine how sticky tape could help. Do you have any idea how it works?
  • My PT used this on me multiple times for muscle spasms. He said that it massages the muscles as you move due to the makeup of the material weave, thus helping relax the spasming muscles. Advertisements say that it effectively reduces pain, inflammation and swelling, but in my humble opinion, it's really not as miraculous as that. I can see how it would help an athlete who may have a muscle sprain or strain, though.

For me, it seemed to help, but not to a great extent. According to my PT, you need to wear it for five days to get the full effect, and you can even shower with it without it coming loose. (The problem with that is that it's made of fabric so it stays wet a very longtime after you dry off. So if you use it on your back and plan on getting dressed immediately after you shower, you may need to blowdry it. LOL)

I would suggest that anyone who wants to try it get a sample before buying a whole roll. Like I said, it was somewhat helpful but I've never considered buying any for my personal use because I never felt it was of great benefit.

Hope this helps. And I'm interested to know if it helps anyone better than it did me.