Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Really Bad Pain Day

DegenerativeShellyDDegenerativeShelly Posts: 279
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Chronic Pain
~X( :''(
I know that we all have them, the days where nothing will ease the pain and then depression invites itself to join in, but today Ive had enough of it all..

Im sick of being in constant pain and tired of all the procedures Ive undergone in the past 12 months..A fusion at L3/4 and so far 1 Epidural injections, facet and SI joint injections and nerve burns...

At least the end is in sight as this Wednesday is my last nerve burn and then all my hopes hang on the trial of my stimulator in the Thoracic in November...Who knows what will happen next if it doesnt work??

At least I know I can talk to people here on the site that understand and go through the same thing..

• sorry you are feeling so down.. you have every reason to feel a little sad and angry at the same time... having procedure after procedure really wears on you.. good luck this week and i hope all goes smoothly and as pain free as possible.. feeling sad is normal in our conditions, so your feelings are totally understandable. the stimulator is a great possibility and if it comes to that, i hope it works out for you.. take care! Jenny :)
  • Thanks so very much for your words of encouragement Jenny..It makes a big difference talking to people that understand..My Hubby is the best and he goes through a lot with me and never once complains so I am so lucky to have him.
  • I'm raising my hand in agreement. I had one of those days last week and it's just such a bad time, feeling alone and hurting so much, and not knowing how to make life brighter.

I guess some days we have to just tough it out and try and keep yourself busy to just get through the day because maybe tomorrow won't be so bad.

I'm with you and feel for you. We all understand here what those days are like and I'm hoping that something special happens today to put a smile back on your face. If not, then there's always a chance for tomorrow. (I'm sounding a bit like Annie, aren't I?)

Take care Shelly.
  • it look like flare up time for many of us at the moment .the only thing my doctor told me to do was take pain killers and rest ..i do feel better now
    i hope it soon passes
    tony x
  • Sorry you're not feeling well. It takes a lot to get by sometimes. I hope the injections will help this time. IT's never easy as no one deserves this daily struggle as well as having more of a flare up. So happy you're husband is so supportive. You will get through this. Well that's my prayer for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • A giant big thank you to all of you and your support at this time..I went to bed last night and had a big old cry and it did help a little.
    Knowing that there are kind, caring and wonderful members on this site is a godsend.
    I know I will get through this patch, it just wears you down as we all know..

Take care all of you lovely people.xx
  • all the regulars on here are with you all the time ..maybe not in body ..but in spirit and no your are never on your own ..i have never been on a website where the members genuinely sick together and support each other regardless of there own problems .we are a good team
    tony x
  • Hi Shelly, really sorry to here what you're going through. You have to hang in there and take a day at a time and if that's too much then an hour at a time. I too suffer from depression and what can really help with pain and depression is distraction. Find some mindless activity like a card game on the computer that you can do and enjoy to some degree. Watching tv is a distraction, but doing something that you have to ineract with seems to work better. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers daily. Hang in there and keep posting and sharing what you're dealing with, I know that it helps, at least for me.
    AL S
  • Thanx Tony and Al...Its true, if it wasnt for the members of this site and their understanding as they are going through the same thing..xx
  • If you're suffering from Chronic back pain, den you need Solicitation removed from post

Solicitation is not permitted on Spine Health forums. Posted edited by Moderator haglandc
  • I just read your post and was going to say, hang in there, I sure hope you are feeling better this week! I read the stupid post right above mine here and was rolling... Where do these idiot solicitors come from? You gotta admit - that one was kind of funny - it made me laugh anyway - maybe cuz it's monday and I feel kinda crappy being back at work, or maybe it's because I am slowly losing my mind??!! LOL...
    The one time a solicitation was appreciated, by me anyway. Oh, and I am going to start using "Den" as part of my vocabulary just for today - instead of then.. Just too see who will notice. LOL!
  • Now thats funny, lmao
    thanks for the laugh.
  • :))( THANK YOU GUYS for the laugh..I feel better today and thats just what I needed..
    I dont think Chiro will work somehow when I have 20 screws, 8 plates and an Artificial Disc in my spine..
    How knows den???
  • Hey! Maybe dat dere chiro has a wench and can screw dem bolts in but good! (geez, am I going to get censored?? that looks pretty dirty even to me, LOL!)

I too hope you are feeling better today than before :) I really do wonder if there is some atmospheric reason at times... for so many of us to be having that Really Bad Day... you know the one... it makes you realize that the Really Bad Day you had last time... wasn't as bad! *gentle hugs and giggles" hoping that you're smiling!)

And hey! He might have said den, but he got you're correct... I are in awe!

And hey! At least I didn't go dere with the D I S C
    .... I Was tempted ;)
  • Sorry I missed this thread. How are you feeling now? Better I hope. The only thing I like about 'flares' is they make the regular 'ouch' days that much better!!

Mouse, Clandy, you guys have me rolling!!! hehehehe

"Laughter *is* the Best Medicine!!" :)
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi I too have been having a flare the past two days and many of my "spiney" friends have felt the same..I am so thankful that there is this site..i don'.t feel as alone...
  • I was going to whine a bit, but I decided Not!
    Hope everyone else is starting to feel better.
  • Hi guys and thanks for your support..It helps as I just got out of hospital today after 6 levels were injected and burned and I feel really yucky.
    Gotta go and lay down now will speak again soon
  • hang on kiddo. I'm glad spine-health is a mast you can hang onto as you ride out this storm. I hope you're feeling better, and as a matter of fact, all of you guys :)
  • Glad to see you've been released. Hopefully you will be on the upswing soon! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• I've been away on holiday, so have got very behind on reading posts.

Just found this one and am hoping that you are now feeling the benefit of your treatment.

We are here for you; for support and understanding.
This discussion has been closed.