Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

more pain and no date for mri yet!!!!!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:46 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Everyone yet!!!!

I was leaving therapy a few days ago and just walking home slowly and i started feeling pain in my rib area,then it became significant.I finally got home went and layed on my bed for a few min. and i started feeling sick to my stomach. I made it to the bathroom just in time. The rib pain got worse and the pain went down my back into my low back and hip area. My legs cramped up. I grabbed a bucket and went and layed back in bed because the pain was so much worse when i was upright.My daughter grabbed my large ice pack and put in under me.As the night went on the pain went up my spine into my shoulders and my arms started cramping as well.My husband wanted to take me to the hospital but i told him no. I've had back problems for close to ten years now and every time this happens and i go to the hospital all they do is give me a shot of pain med. and tell me to see my own doctor in the morning.I saw my naturopath two days later and i told her what had happened.She thinks that the therapy was just too much for my back that day.I'm taking so much pain med. between her and my neurologist i can't believe that i actually felt that much pain.Its been a few days now and the pain is still in my ribs but getting better again. I have to be careful everything i do causes the pain to get worse.I'm still waiting for the date of my mri. This ones with contrast.
For the people who wanted an update on how my injections are going with the naturopath i'm half way through them. There like trigger point injections only with natural substances, she also added in acupuncture to help with the effectiveness.The pain is still there,but i'm getting back a lot of the range of motion now. My massage therapist has also seen a difference in my muscles since i started this therapy.They both said the range will come first then the pain should leave after that as long as what i'm feeling isn't the damage caused by my spinal cord,but i'm sure that there has to be some improvement in the pain if some of the problem is tight muscles.
advertisement

Comments

• Have a read up on taking magnesium chloride to ease muscle tightness and pain.
    I have been taking it for nearly 3 months now and my headaches from tight back muscles have stopped completely.
    Massages were very good, but I needed one weekly. Because of the cost I stretched it out to every 2 or 3 weeks, or when I couldn't function.
    I was able to have a gap of 7 weeks to my last massage, so that shows the improvement.
  • Hi Peter,
    My naturopath has me taking magnesium every three hours throughout the day.I'm also doing massages every week for the last two years since the car accident and just in the last three weeks my massage therapist has seen a change in my muscles.This is the second time that i've tried acupuncture since the accident.I also did a year of physical therapy and am doing biopuncture along with the acupuncture.I hear ya with the cost of massages.I've had to cut a lot of other things out of my life to be able to afford the massages. I just booked my next massage for two weeks hopefully i can go that long without it.If not i'll have to change the apt.
  • Tammyc, that's great to hear. Have you noticed any specific benefits from the magnesium, or is it just one of many things all working together?
    Are you drinking it or taking it in powder or tablet form?
    My GP was very uninterested in my improvements, and just suggested that I go off it to see what happens and either prove or disprove it.
    Thought I would do that, then decided not to.
    There is no doubt in my mind, and I'm not going to go backwards to amuse a skeptical doctor.
    Even if I did and told him about my tests, I'm sure he would not really take any notice.
    Doctors aren't up with dietary weaknesses as being part of the pain problem.
    He also was unimpressed by my massage benefits.
  • Thats too bad that your doctor feels that way. My doctor had no interest in finding out what my problems were thats why i sought out a naturopath and i love her.She seems genuinely interested in my troubles and really wants to help.I take the magnesium in pellet form.They just melt in my mouth.They work great for my headaches.She also has me taking alot of other things as well for inflammation,and pain,plus my neurologist has me taking nerve pain med. so thats why i find it so difficult to understand why i'm still feeling enough pain to make me feel sick.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.