Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cold Laser Therapy - Any experience with this?

Reformed1RReformed1 Posts: 257
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Pain Management
I started seeing my chiropractor again now that my fusion is stable. She has always been able to solve some very elusive issues with my back, neck, shoulders, etc., so I was happy to see her again and hear her perspective.

I also started with massage therapy (she has a very technically advanced therapist who I greatly admire). I then went over my whole sordid history with my back surgeries and shared what the consensus seems to be among doctors -- that my pain seems to emanate from scar tissue adhering to the L5 nerve root, and possibly from my S-I joint as well.

She made some minor adjustments to my back, all the while being respectful and careful around my fusion area.

She also suggested that she has had good success using Cold Laser treatment on other patients who had "failed surgeries".

I had never heard of this, but I did find an informative article on this very site:

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with this in breaking up or otherwise resolving pain that is related to scar tissue. If you are like me, you are willing to try just about anything to stop this pain, especially since my fusion seems to have been elegantly executed and this is just a very unfortunate side-effect.

• Have you had your 3rd endoscopic procedure yet?

Cold Laser txs sound like a potential option as well. It is something I would not be opposed trying, however, I want to see the final results from the endoscopic procedures before trying the laser. If I did get relief from the pain, I want to know definitively which therapy worked...for future reference.

You and I seem to be in similar situations...hopefully we can get some relief with these new procedures.

Have a great day, Dave!!

• I've never heard of this before, but I am like you and would try just about anything (safely) to help with the pain. This is interesting. Keep us updated if you decide to go thru with this.
  • You got that right! Love em! I graduated nursing school from there! Go heels! And, that is one of my favorite Bible verses. I have so many...but it's one of my fav's. Best wishes with the new therapy and please let us know about it!
  • My last of round of Epidural Lysis is on 9/13. I agree with you, Lisa, that it would be best to control the variables so that you know which treatment helped. I'm running out of time, though, because my short term disability benefits run out in early November and so I am doing an all-out Blitz on this issue. I'm trying to feel well enough so that I can get back to work fulltime. Later on, I'll reduce some of the treatments and see if I can still sustain how I feel.

I will be starting the Cold Laser treatment next Wednesday. I believe that it is completely safe and non-invasive. My Chiropractor is very conservative and she is also certified in Acupuncture, Acupressure, and some other therapies that I probably can't even pronounce, but I have to say that she is very sharp and she gets results. I trust her implicitly -- more than my NS, that's for sure!

Good luck Lisa and also to you, Tarheelgirl (that's a reference to UNC, right? Great school!). Btw, I appreciate your bible verse. I believe in it very much!

Take Care. I hope you have a great day.