Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please Pray or well wishes, please!!!!!

tarheelgirlttarheelgirl Posts: 473
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:46 AM in Health Insurance Issues
Hi everyone! I need support and I need all your prayers for those who pray and well wishes for those who don't. I'd love any last minute advice or whatever...but my hearing in front of the ALJ is WEDNESDAY!!! At 1pm! I can not think of anything else...truely. My thoughts all keep circulating around this hearing...like it's my last shot or something. I don't know for sure if my docytor is going with us, but I have a regular scheduled appt tomorrow so I will see. I have no idea how much to pay him if he does go..he would be losing a whole afternoon of appointments.

Well, thanks for everything!

• Howdy Tarheelgirl!!

Sending you positive thoughts and energy for your ALJ hearing. Your lawyer should have or be briefing you on what to expect, and who is going to being saying what when? As for your doctor and payment, I am sure he will send *you* a bill he deems appropriate. Since you are seeing him tomorrow, it wouldn't hurt to broach the subject with him. I'm sure he wouldn't be insulted with a question of fees for such a service. Support *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • May the force be with you :)
  • Just wanna wish you the best of luck wednesday.

I'm sure you have lost a lot of sleep over this, but finally wednesday you can relax, after the ALJ approves you. =D>
  • how's the traveling going?

Thanks for your comments. I'm quite nervous bc my attorney has not called me yet! I was told by my case worker that I'd hear from an attorney a few days before my hearing to go over things...so I have a call into her.

If I get a favorable decision with back pay, it will be easy to pay my doctor, but if not, I'm not sure what we'll do...we don't even know how we are going to pay our rent (house) this month. It's been a very slow month for hubby who makes commission only. We don't have the money for our rent and I'm completely loosing my mind. Hubby is out "driving around right now...I think he's trying to de-stress. I feel so bad for him that he has so much on him...the work to pay bills, the house work as I can't do it anymore, he does 95% of the cooking at least. He has a lot on his back and I'm not good support lately b/c I've been so depressed and all I want to do is hide, so I sleep all day while the kids are in school. I'm just a useless person. I am a Mom, but not the fun mom I used to be.

I so desperately need things to change for us. This SSD case would mean the world to us. Of course we already lost our house over it, had to file bankruptcy, and were on food assistance for months. Don't they know if I could work and make the kind of money I used to that I would??? Why settle for a % of it? We just need some stability and with hubby being commision onlly, an SSD check each month would be nice b/c I wouldn't have to worry about the rent getting paid like I am now. I'm so sorry to unload all my issues here on you guys. I'm just having a really hard time. I thought we hit rock bottom last year finacially, but we seem to keep circling the barrel even still.

• I am in the UK, so don't understand your system, or even exactly what you are going to on Wednesday.

But God knows! :-) so I'll just pray that you will be calm and clear headed and that He will be there and that His will will be done. :-)

I'm sure that the doctor is used to people asking how much they will have to pay, if he does go.

Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you.
  • Howdy Ms. Tarheelgirl! Support *HUGZ*

We got back last night, and since we still had to pay for last night, in the driveway we finished our last night in the RV - but no hook ups of course, so it was like some folks do when they park in Walmart's parking lot to rest! (G) It was good as we found *I* can travel in this mode since I can move around! Yeah!!! Family reunion looking better and better! The trip was good, I needed some validation that I wasn't stuck close to the house anymore! Thanks for asking!! :)

As to the lawyers, I would stay on their butts woman! I am kind of surprised that they or "the" lawyer hasn't gotten with you yet?!? I would be upset and having a 'doubt' fit as well. Sadly, normal reactions. :-C <--- Call em, do not let them wiggle off that hook!!!

I'm sorry your hurting so bad financially. It seems that Social Security 'puts' some folks in the poverty lines by their ridiculous delays and bureaucracy!! "Driving around", I've done that when I needed quiet time to think. From everything you've described, the bond between you and your hubby is solid! Not every man would stand by their other half to the point of bankruptcy and such. He must love you woman. Useless? I don't think so.

What you want to try and do if you can is get OUT of that frame of mind. I am sure your kids love their mom, and I would doubt highly that they would consider you 'useless' woman! Down and bummed, sure, no question, but please, you are NOT useless, okay?? Big support *HUGZ* to ya!!!!

• I just had my "mock" hearing with my attorney on the phone regarding tomorrow. She asked me questions that she and the judge will be asking. Whew, I was nervous and she was on my side! EEEEK!

I may have to pop an extra ativan or something...lol
  • Tarheelgirl,

Gotta love the 'practice' hearings! Years ago I was in a major lawsuit, and for a few days before the trial, my lawyer played his part to me, and too would play "their" part - gawd was that frustrating! It was good though, as much of the 'surprise' factor was taken out of the equation? Just try to relax (I know hard now) and go with it, before you know it, you will be through it. I'll send positive energy your way for a GREAT finding in the end. :)

• I hope that all goes well for you tomorrow.
    I hope that you sleep well tonight. :-)

I am starting back at work tomorrow after my fusion surgery on 19th March. I feel rather nervous about it, but am looking forward to seeing everyone again.