Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am so HAPPY

gethealthyggethealthy Posts: 303
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:H I am so happy I did the surgery!

I'm 14 months old now and am doing great! My life is different but in many good ways. I have none of the pain I had before. My neck feels solid and I have learned tons about life.

I had a true 3 level ACDF.

My posture is amazing but I have lost a bit of side to side motion. It gets better every day. I have to stretch actively or my spine stiffens up. If I do that then life is Golden!

I don't do the crazy high impact exercise I did but I do low impact aerobics daily and do strength training. I love FABULOUS! My abs are better than ever with not one crunch. I'm a fitness expert so I created my own routine and it works! I'm a sexy sixty year old woman.

I wouldn't jump into surgery but if that's the only route there can be a rainbow at the end of the journey. It does take work as does everything worthwhile. Stretching, walking having faith are all key.

I had some real tough times during my recovery but I kept going. Each day I tried to get better and it all paid off!

Hang in and do your best!

• Lynn,
    In reading so many posts each day it seems as though it is rare to read a wonderful outcome.
    I am just so happy for you. How wonderful to have your life back after going through so much.
    It gives many of us hope and thank you so much for sharing such a great story.
    I am sure you put a great deal of effort into your recovery and I commend you for that. Don't overdo it but enjoy every minute of your new found happiness.
  • Good to hear a success story like yours and with time and determination have paid off. Very happy for you. Thanks for the update! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Congratulations on your success! I wish you continued good results. It's so nice to hear optimistic feedback here and also to know that you were once in the same boat we are/were in.

Continue well wishes to you!
    p.s. Love the picture!
  • Haven't seen you on the boards lately. So glad to see it is because of SUCCESS for you! I remember some of the trials and tribulations you went through, and too with your sharing some of them, helped me!

My result isn't a rainbow, but still looking for it! So glad you are doing so great. Keep growing and healing you "sexy sixty" year old! So so happy for you! *HUGZ* :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.