Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS not for me

tarheelgirlttarheelgirl Posts: 473
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Well, I think after the research and reading on this site that the scs is not going to be for me, If I choose sometghing, it will be a dilaudid pain pump. My condition has worsened so much and the intractable pain is so horrible! I have herniated and bulging disk in cervical and upper thoracic, and as far as I know the pain in the lumbar is l5/s1...but it's a big herniation and involves my right leg, sometime my left as well. I got my MRE results out last night b/c I had forgotten all that was involved. Lately my cerviacl area has bedn flaired up quite worse lately....It's so hard to be a spiney [cybef hugz needed right now]...Anyw, thank you for all the suppor you all have given me . aI will keep following those of you going that get your triald and implants...all this info helpfull to me! thanks sincerly for everything!!!
advertisement

Comments

• I must say that you have made your decision the right way. By asking questions, researching and reading everything you could about both the devices. You did everything right.
    Having any implant such as the SCS or the Pain Pump should NEVER be taken lightly. Everyone should get all the information they can before they have either implant.
    I prey you have a good trial and if I can help in any way please ask. If you will PM me I will give you my e-mail address and we can communicate that way if you want. I feel sure "meydey" will help all she can too.
    BTW....have you joined the Pumpsters group yet? They are a great group and will help in any way they can. Ask any question and you will get several replies and get several points of view.
    Very best to you. Always happy to have a new "Pumpett" aboard.
    Cheers :H
    Patsy W
  • As requested, here they come!!

*HUGZ***HUGZ***HUGZ***HUGZ***HUGZ*!!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Thanks Brenda for the hugs :)

And Patsy, you've answered so many of my questions...I do need to join the yahoo group and will PM you to get your email...that would be nice. I've just decided by the sound of the scs, there is no way I could handle it. It makes me cringe thinking about it. My tens unit makes me hurt worse even...I just don't like the descriptions of people being zapped and such. I can just tell by this that I don't even want a trial...I am so sensitive in my sciatic area, I can't stand for my clothes to brush against the area...so zapping...no way!!

The first thing my doctor suggested is the pain pump anyway...so I would like to trial that and then decide.

Thanks again Patsy for all your answers and concerns!
  • I need to take a moment to correct you on your criticism of a stimulator implant. The stimulator does not zap you. It is not the same thing as a Tens, so the comparison is very unfair. The stimulator is designed to take care of pain that is felt in the limbs that you describe. I have the problem of being very very uncomfortable when anything touches my legs. My stimulator is very effective in this area and I am now able to wear pants, socks, and shoes without thinking when do I get to take this stuff off of me. Please do not criticize what you personally have never tried. It's an unfair judgment.

Dave (HTTR)
    B)
advertisement