Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Final pre ops done and its all go for my op

JaniebabyJJaniebaby Posts: 93
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had the final pre ops done yesterday , the only thing i have left to do is see my consultant on weds , Im currently with out a puter at the moment so it will be a bit randam when i can update you lot , I have a few of you on my FB so hopefully they in turn will update on my progress xxx
Good luck to all the spineys having ops in september xx

• Best of luck with your surgery.
    I had my pre-ops done on August 19th and I'm still waiting for a date for surgery.I saw one of my surgeons team on Thursday and there's a chance I may get into surgery on October 19th.
  • Prayers going up for you.... I have my surgery on thursday the 16th. Lots of nerves right now - how about you?
  • Best of luck Traci and to anyone else that's having surgery in the near future.
    In answer to your question Traci-no I don't feel nervous.I just want to have the surgery so I can get on the road to recovery and have my life back.
  • Good luck to all 3 of you.

JanieBaby...sounds like you have one more week. Try as best you can to just relax and do something for you. Get out of the house if you can even if it's to treat yourself to a cup of coffee or breakfast at your favorite diner.

Traci...you too! You are almost there!

Scott, your time will come.

The recovery is definitely worth looking forward too.
  • Janiebaby--My best to you, on your surgery. You probably put this in the September surgery thread, but is it soon? Next week? Or, are you waiting for a date like Scott is?

Traci--will be thinking about you on Thursday, your big day!

Scott--I hope you can get a surgery date soon. :)

I go for my pre-op physical on Monday and my final visit with my spine surgeon on Thursday, in preparation for my Sept. 29 PLIF.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Yes I did put it in the september thread. Its the 21st I have the op. I have planned a few things to do next week. Coffee with friends and a night booked at a nice hotel with dinner with hubbie to celebrate our wedding anniverseary which is on the 29th sept but as I won't be able to do much its better that is earlier. I'm looking forward to getting on with it and the recovery. Traci ! All the best for yours and scott ! Your date will soon be here

• Wishing all 3 of you successful surgeries and good and adequate pain control afterwards.

We will support you through the recovery. :-)
    There are lots of people here who have been through the same and really 'know' what you are going through.
    That really helps to be able to talk about how you are coping, and sometimes we can even offer some advice that will help you to cope.

I'll be reading to see how you get on. :D
  • Prayers for your surgery on Sept. 21st. Great for you to spend time with friends and Happy Anniversary! Just wanted to wish you well since you have no 'puter. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN