Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 weeks post op - no difference

jconner22jjconner22 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Chronic Pain
i have been prescribed 15mg oxycodoneIR and it is like taking candy. it worked at firstb ,nut onthing now. I went to my PT and he thinks that the swelling from the incision site should have been gone or at lease diminished by now. he called my NS the next morning and now they have me on Keflex and Ultram. Ultram is like taking a epicac. take it, get dizzy puke, and your back hurts more from vomiting. I have been dealing with this pain for 3 years and opted for surgery to try and get relief. still no dice. fell just as bad if not worse than i did before surgery. anyone have advice for me or has been through a similar situation?

• have you asked the question?? maybe another trip to the doctors to check for infection as that can hurt like hell .as for opiates your body will get used to them very quickly i started on 2x 10 mg a day and now 4 years later i am taking over 500mg a day !
  • i have an appointment monday with my NS. he seems to get upset when i go through meds too fast, but its like cansy. i can take upwards of 150mg a day and it doesnt touch it. now im afraid of infection. thats a treat isnt it
  • from a fusion? This is my biggest fear. They have tried to have me go under the knife, but say it's a 50/50 shot at lowering my pain levels...those odds weren't good enough for me. I am so sorry. I really hope yours is due to infection/swelling and it will get better in a week or so! God bless
  • I hope you can call your Surgeon and let him know that your vomiting and dizzy. Do you feel dizzy or vomit after taking a medication? There should be a Surgeon on call if you need help. Take care and wish you the best for your healing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • called him last night and explained that i was in severe pain and my body was telling me something was wrong. he told me to take 3 advil 4 times a day and that was all that i needed. whatever, i got out of bed this morning nd can barely move much less walk. i se my dr tomorrow at 3pm and i have a feeling he is going to try and send me to pain management and the dr he wants to send mr to is an ass. the first time i saw him before surgery he looked straight at me and said "im not giving you pain medication, so what can i do for you. i am just worried that something isnt right. it has only been 3 weeks since my micro d, but i feel worse every day.
This discussion has been closed.