Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member here

laga77llaga77 Posts: 33
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
I joined this site today after spending the last month or so just reading and learning as much as I could from all the posts. I have had LBP for many years. Thats what happens when you do concrete work for 30 years. It would come and go with rest and chiropractic care. This past winter the pain set in and would not go away with all the old treatments. I get an MRI and I find out I have severe DDD in the entire Lumbar region, bones spurs causing severe Foraminal stenosis in L4-L5-S1, moderate spinal stenosis, degenerative Grade 1 Scoliosis and Retrolisthesis. There are also several small benign tumors called Osseous Hemangioma and the marrow of the vertebra shows changes that are common in very old people. I am only 53. First Ortho dr. I saw said I need a multi-level fusion at L4-S1, but said he would do L4-L5 first and then wait to see what happens. This plan was not acceptable so I saw a Neurosurgeon. He sends me to a physiatrist who has given me 1 caudal epidermal injection. That was 8 weeks ago and the pain has come back. I see him agin tomorrow. I am guessing I will get another shot. I am taking Voltaren and Flexeril along with Tramadol. None of the meds work for more than a couple of hours at a time. I will be hanging around here and asking a bunch of questions as they come up. Thanks

• Howdy, and a hearty Welcome to Spine Health! It seems that you already know your way around. It sounds like you have a good grip on what is going on, and working aggressively at a method of relief. Looks like half your battle is beat! Welcome aboard!!! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sorry to hear about your condition and pain. Seems many occupations can cause above average wear and tear on the job and with the back there is never really any compensation. I hope your second injection works longer for you tomorrow and hope you review your meds with your PM Dr.
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stoppped by.. please have a good look around and make yourself at home. i am sorry you are having pain problems but you are taking an active role in dealing with them... good for you!! please drop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • I too believe my problem started with my job. I drove a truck for over 11 years long hours on the seat just demolished my disc( I know this now hind sight is 20/20). I also had steroid injections. The first one gave me some relief for a few weeks. The second one did nothing except hurt. I hope your Dr. is better then mine I got no pain block before shot and the shot was out of this world painful. He told me that was neccesary. I now know he lied they can give you a block before the shot so it doesnt hurt. When the second shot did't work they set me up for my first surgery. Good luck and let me know how it turns out for you.