Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dermatome Map

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Pain Management
Here is an excellent video describing the Dermatome Map

Spine Dermatome

(Thanks to JulieA for helping us find this one)
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Good Job!!!!!

• While I was waiting in the exam room at the PM office I was looking at the posters. These were really good ones that explained lots of things in detail. So in walks the PA and I said how I liked the posters in this room......

.....well she was not amused. In fact she told me that she hates the maps and wished there was a way to hide them from patients. I asked why and she said some patients come in and tell her what is wrong with them. She also believes that by doing this research on their own they are conciously or unconciously changing their symptoms to match what they want to be wrong.

I was pretty shocked. I can understand what she means. But does that mean the patient is supposed to walk into the doctors office and blindly put themselves into their care? Thoughts anyone?

P.S. She then told me at the end of the visit that the neurologist can handle my medications. Coincidence??
  • Thats Sad Kris.

My NS and his PA are totally different. They like it when we are really involved- it helps them do their job. I go over my MRI in detail showing them what I find as well as my x-rays. My NS actually said that "we" have more time to look than the radiologist and are actually invested in finding a solution. I liked it.

Of course they don't have maps or photos in the old office but at my next appt I will be going to the "new" offices and maybe they will be state of the art. I feel like I am a "share" holder at this point LOL.

Now the nurses can be a whole other issue and I haven't had such good luck with them.

• The surgeon who operated on me went over my MRIs with me. He was so funny to watch because it was hard to find the problem but he wouldn't give up. I'm guessing the red marker is still on those films.

I'm sure that some patients give them a hard time when they insist that they know what is wrong. But you had that in the past when Aunt Mary said..... and the patient went to the doctor swearing that was their problem.

I guess it's good that they don't want to keep me under their care. Now I only have the neurologist to see once a month.
  • i'm always coming back here to use this.just woundering if anyone else ever comes back here?is there a way to have this a sticky or something?
  • It's in the FAQ under Medical Information section.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • thanks paparon, it added this http address to my favorite folder. i think it's one of the better charts i have seen. by looking at this, the rib pain that i am having definitely fits with my T10/11 herniation. this kinda saddens me because it seems that things just never end ... something else to worry about
  • I remember putting together my nerve pain symptoms with the correlating damaged discs and being in awe of how exact it was. For me it was another validating and somewhat empowering internal experience. Didn't help with the pain, but I am finding that there is so much more to pain management than pain relief.
    Sorry to hear about yet another inconsiderate physician experience Kris. In my humble opinion, it continues to baffle me how some medical professionals downplay the importance of a patient understanding what is happening in their own body.
    Wishing everyone a day of less pain and more comfort,
  • For some reason the link wont work for me:(. Maybe its just me...:)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    What Operating system are you using and what Browser do you use?

Also, do you have any specific firewall settings to block sites?

Right now, it appears that that URL is not valid. I will have to trace it back to see what the valid URL is today
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    Dermatone Map

Dermatone Map
  • Hello Ron...thank you..that one works perfectly.

I use windows XP and I dont have a clue as to the others...sorry!