Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fileing for social security questions who has them ?

kjkbnapierkkjkbnapier Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
Ok guys I have deterioting disc disease and facet joints deterioting as well and one herniated disc in the cervical area. Also have diabetes (0n insulin) and high blood presure and my doctors tell me I have depression and anexity disorders of which I had to be put into a mental hospital for about 10 days and two week of out patient for 9 hours a day. Oh I also have arthritis in my lumbar area of my spine from L-2 thru L-5 and s-1

My question is would I qualify for ssdi ? I have seen there doc which is called an consultative ecamination and there doctor said he was 100% on board for approving me for this just due to the depression and anexity disorder alone little lone the rest. Anyone how long this process takes from the time you do the consultative exam ? till they give there decision ? I can honestly say I cant work but does the doctors ? and the ssdi board ?

My back problems started around 9 years old when i was diagnosed with arthritis nothing much was done after that except for taking otc drugs and was injured on the job about 10 years ago which made everything much worst. I am now useing a pm doctor of which is new to me and he really does not know the extent of my pain he only tried the nerv block injections and facet injections and gives me one 500 mg hydroden a day and get this 5 mg of muscle relaxers.

Today I will be visiting my pm doctor and have a real sit down meeting with him and to let him know I dont think he understands my pain level at all. AS most of us know these pm places have been under real fire here latly and in my town three was busted this past few weeks. I am really starting to think you have to be a drug dealer to get them to do proper care for you. I am lost for words here with these folks.

I am also considering going to an ortho or nero to get a better opinion which cost me an arm or leg of which I really cant afford to do at this time as I have been out of work for sometime now.

Here are my stats for those that need this info to give an opinion

39 years old
weight is at 185 lbs
I have tried chripractors
physical therapy 5 time
yoga of which I fall on my face but keep tring.

Thank you all for your opinion as I know most can not give medical advice.

Anyone else have hands shaking and numbness in finger ? This is in my right hand and the left hand drops stuff all the time for no apparent reason whatsoever. the emg report on my lumbar came back alright for the most part just an s-1 nerv problem at this time. Any advice you can offer would be a blessing. By the way I love this group........