Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

relaxing afternoon

tarheelgirlttarheelgirl Posts: 473
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Lighten and Brighten
My hubby takes such good care of me! He took me yesterday to get a pedicure. (they have massaging chairs....mmmmm!!!) and I guess I got the best one there b/c her massage was awesome and long! I will always ask for her from now on!!...anyway...it worked b/c I sat straight up for a while and when I needed to change positions due to my sciatica, I leaned the chair back in the reclining position...I thourouhly enjoyed it...it's been a whil since I got it done. I got hubby's favorite color (NHL Hockey team San Jose Sharks color) a bright Teal color!

Then since he wasn't back to pick me up yet, and they asked about my fingernails..I said sure, why not! So, I got a little manicure for those as well. French mani though...nothing wild for my fingers! Then I was at the drying station reading all the hollywood gossip and i finally texted for hin to come get me (I don't drive).

We grabbed something to eat, he let me look in a little gift store that I love...I ended up buying a wedding gift for a wedding we have next weekend.

We came home and I had a beautiful arrangement of roses waiting for me! And a card that was written in alot!! I was so touched. I used to get flowers about every other week...but haven't had them since valentines day, so i was thrilled, espcially since he used a little flower arranging thing we got at a garage sale (never opened from southern living)...so pretty!!

Anyway, thank you to my hubby for making my day special!

• How rude!

Just kidding, of course. I actually can thank you for taking me with you vicariously. I'm so glad you had a wonderful day.

My MIL just left this morning after her 2010 world tour and I'm just sitting in my recliner relaxing, eating goldfish, and playing on the computer. Ahhhh, silence is golden.

Congrats, Tarheelgirl. I know you deserved a special day and it's always good to hear that a spiney has such a special one by his or her side.

• It must feel SO nice not to be on the edge financially! Yay you!
  • Tarheelgirl,

Thanks so much for sharing. Your post gave me sniffles and "happy tears" for you. How nice - you for sure have a 'keeper' there woman! My hubby does stuff like that once in a while, and woooo it gives you that broad smiling warm feeling all over.

Congrats on your wonderful day!!! :) Sniff...:)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.

• that you have had such a lovely day.

Your hubby sounds like a keeper!! (but you already knew that :-))
    The arrangement of roses and card waiting for you when you got home, really made me smile :D

I know, my hubby was fantastic at looking after me in my early recovery from fusion surgery. You enjoy the memories of this special time, and how caring and loving he is. He obviously loves you completely!
    A real blessing to you :-)
  • It's amazing how the little things can make you feel so good.
  • for your responses. Evidently, I just found out that my husband is reading the book "the Love Dare"...have you heard of it? I saw it on his desk and asked him about it and he seemed irritated that I had found it. B/c then, he had to explain it all to me. So, it goes along with that movie "Fireproof" with Kirk Cameron and that is the book he read in the movie that saved his marriage. Now my marriage to hubby isn't even on the rocks or anything...it's a little mundane...you know how it gets after a few years...but we aren't having trouble. We both know we are in it for the long haul and neither of us believe in divorce (Both of us had our ex spouses walk out on us for another man/woman before so we are sticking like glue no matter what happens). Agape love...unconditional love. My ex husband obviously didn't love me this way. My now hubby adores me and takes such good care of me...even with my disabilities. He did not know I would end up disabled when he fell in love with me, but he doesn't even care.

So, it made me even more teary eyed to know he's reading this Love Dare book when we aren't even on rocky road. He just said that he knows he's been working a lot more lately (just got an office outside of the house...so he actually goes to work now..he used to stay home with me all day) and that he wanted to start treating me like a princess again....like he used to treat me. I'm very touched.

***[Warning...a little personal here...]The thing that bothers me the most is that we all know that men have needs and that they are often, I used to be very good at taking care of those needs, but now it's really hard and I'm sure you ALL know what I mean being in pain and not being as limber as we once were. At my age I should be in my prime if you know what I mean, but my hormones are so messed up...I was taking Reglan for constipation from the pain meds and that made my prolactin level go sky high and dropped my estrogen level to the floor, so my desire dropped to the floor with it. I've now gotten off Reglan and started using miralax instead and the med they gave me to drop my prolactin levels...well it takes months. I'm just ready to fill like my old self again...but even if I'm hormonally correct, it's the pain that gets in the way. [sigh] I just feel really bad that I can't always be there to help those needs if you know what I mean. Anyone feel this way and what do you do about it? Yes, I guess I'm trying to hijack my own thread to another subject...but not sure where this one would go.
  • Tarheelgirl,

Isn't it so cool when our hubbies surprise us by showing that 'sensitive' (reading that book) side? I think that is beyond cool! :)

As to your other *cough* question, we found the pool allows such "attention" and "need" concerns. *wink* I never in a thousand years thought of doing it. Hubby was ahhh... Frisky one night in the pool, and we found it was fine! Almost no pain. :) *wink*

• but we don't have a pool! and i doubt our neighborhood pool would appreciate that! hahaha That is a good one though. we used to take alot of baths together, but our bathtub now, although jetted, is smaller...but maybe....hmmm..you got me thinking.
  • I'm almost in that boat right now! I went out to our pool about an hour ago - was thinking of getting in it, until my fingers touched the water! Brrrrr... Okay, here's an idea.

Go to a hotel that has a pool. Wait till it gets dark and....smack! Brenda, that's naughty!! (G)

• Brenda, sometimes that is the best isn't it? :)
  • Oh yeah, you betcha! (insert evil grin here!!)

• Happyhbmom...it does feel good (this month) not to be on the edge finacially. My hubby makes commission only so there are some months where there is nothing, litterally, nothing at all. We have to be very careful and put back money from good months (like this one)...so I dont get mani/pedi's very often...didn't want it to sound like this is something I get all the time and make anyone feel bad. Remember we lost our house and everything last year from the loss of my income and the slow down of the economy which hurt my hubby's business. With my husbands business being feast or famine, litterally, my new onset of SSD will help to stablize us a bit. It certainly will not pay all of our monthly bills or even come close (with 5 kids), but it will pay some and help me be able to get the aqua PT that I've wanted for so long. Per doctor's orders, I went for a consult, but I just could not afford the payments each time. And, I will also hire a houekeeper bimonthly to take pressure off hubby who now does all the cleaning and to hopefully put a smile on my face to see a clean house every couple weeks...lol :) Anyway, I didn't want it to seem that I was boasting about this as I know so many (as well as I) suffer from financial strain. I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

(oh, and my hubby got my dozen of roses for $5 at the grocery store...I won't let him buy them anywhere else...it's crazy to spend $50 and I 'demand' NOT to get them on Valentines day b/c they are priced way up!

Have a good night...hope everyone has sweet dreams!