Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Personal injury case coming...advise

VickiVVicki Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Chronic Pain
After being injured in a trip and fall in a negligent floor condition, a spinal fusion, then spasm and falling breaking my back,i live in chronic pain. If anyone has been thru mediation or trial will you connect with me and share ur experiences. I have been financially ruined by all this and do not trust the "system". Of course the lawyer does well but seriously i need to present myself in the best way possible. I will need care indefinately. Before this accident i had previous spinal probs and my first fusion. This of course will be taken into consideration. I did have pain where they removed the bone from my iliac crest for many many years. Any thoughts, advice will be greatly appreciated from your experiences. THANK YOU.

• Be prepared for disappointment. There is usually some sort of equation used to put a dollar amount on the body part in question. After the years of litigation, depositions, and personal time invested, the end result is usually very low.

The attornies make 1/3 of the settlement money, insurance will want reimbursed for their portion paid related to the accident, and the rest is yours to keep.

It is a long, hard road, without much return.

Also, since you have already had spinal issues, the other lawyer will most likely try to give you less. They will figure a new equation on how your pain has been "exacerbated" by the most recent accident.

All of this is considering that the company or person is indeed found to be negligent.
  • to say best wishes. I have no advice but do make sure your lawyer negotiates in some psychiatric help as well because like "Will I Am" Stated, you need to know that no matter what the outcome, you will still need to learn how to manage the cards you've been dealt.

This discussion has been closed.