Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back pain

Denny DDDenny D Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:47 AM in Chronic Pain
Hey Good people! My name is Denny D. I'm from a little town in upstate. I've had Two back surgerys and also tried the Dorsal Stimulator. In 2001 I had a discetomey and in 2005 I had a fusion on L4 L5. Three months after my fusion I was back down and out with pain in lower back again. In 2008 I tried what is called a Dorsal stimulator and again without any success. I'm currently receiving Steroid injections to the facuet joint to see if it will reduce the burning and pain. One day at a time. Hope everyone is standing up straight.
Denny Delosh
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine-Health. There are great articles here that you may find helpful along your spiney journey, as well as some animated videos (no gorey stuff).

I've had both cervical and lumbar surgeries, most recently a TLIF at L4/5. I'm sorry to hear that you have additional problems after your lumbar surgery. Although I still have some pain, it's nothing compared to pre-op and absolutely nothing like immediately after surgery. Recovery is a toughy for lumbar surgeries.

I hope you find what you need in these forums - support, shared experiences and friendships. We welcome you to our little part of the world where everybody understands what you're going through and many who have walked in your shoes.

Take care and let me know if I can help you in any way.
    Cath
  • Thanks Cath. Things have been pretty rough as of late. Since my fusion in 2005 things have been pretty much the same as before the surgery. Social security disability says I'm well enough to go back to work so nov. is my last ckeck. They say I can walk and lift 10 to 20 pound all day for eight hours. Hell, I can't even do that on my best day!! Anyway, thanks for the welcome and hope everything is good for you and yours
    Denny Delosh
  • Welcome, and don't let them kick you to the curb without a fight. X(

I don't really have much in the way of help to offer.
    By the dorsal stimulator is that a form of SCS? (spinal cord stimulator)

There have been some success in that area by trying different brands. IIRC, Medtronic and Boston use a slightly different method of stimulation. I forget which does what though :? I got a case of CRS. (can't Remember $#!T)

Topped off with a beautiful day outside, yet way more than usual pain. I've been doing pretty well, so this is unusual for me now and it is rougher than it should be. Ah, well. :H

Again Welcome to Spine-Health.
  • Hey Wrambler, they implant two wire leads along your spine thats suppose to block the pain receptors going to the brain. I had it in for a week and it was driving me crazy. It did't block much of anything. I was told it was either that or another surgery. I guess my next option is more surgery. It really stinks. Most people you tell about your back problems have no idea the kind of pain we live with on a daily basis. They don't see a cast or a bandaid so they figure how can you be in that much pain. Kinda like when someone says they have a bad headache. How bad can it hurt.. All I know is it hurts and it hurts very bad. Walk in my shoes for just 10 minutes and you'll know what I mean!!
    Denny Delosh
  • Yes, you are right about that! People don’t have a clue, and they assume “how bad can it be”. You would think when they notice you giving up all the things you LOVE to do, the things that matter in YOUR life, that they might get a clue that it hurts pretty frickin bad. I know some people just say, you’re a whuss, you can’t tolerate pain, that isn’t true at all. Even with pain meds, there is plenty of pain to go around for everyone. This is a good place, nobody really judges you and peeps just listen and offer support because they are right there walking beside us, in our shoes. Take care - Marion
  • To Spine-health and wonderful bunch of caring yet in PAIN people I have ever met!! =))

The members of this group have all been there, some of us are STILL there, and we can relate....thats why I love it here!!

I am very sorry that you have been through all that and still hurt!! It is not easy to go through...I have constantly hurt since my fusion and I dont see that light at the end yet...Oh well today is another day to try and get comfortable!!!!

Just wanted to tell you welcome to the group!!
  • Try reading this article, it may help.
    Please contact jandilee via PM for the article.

URL's Removed
    EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator Dave
  • Hi Denny,

I just wanted to add my welcome to the Spine-Health support forum. As you can already tell, there are many people who can relate to your situation. I found your closing comment most interesting:
    Denny D said:
    Hope everyone is standing up straight.
    I'm 3 weeks post-op 2-level PLIF and it wasn't until after my surgery that I found out I haven't been standing straight for some time. My surgeon mentioned it and said it was because my hip flexor muscles are too tight. My husband confirmed that I walk around bent forward. That was a revelation to me so now I'm trying to stand straight but think it's going to take some coaxing from PT to accomplish that.

I hope you find some solution to your pain that doesn't require more surgery. Also sorry to hear that SS disability misunderstands your capability now.
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Mostly back pain causes due to irregular routine. If a person has to stand or sit at same place for long time he will suffer from back pain.

------------

URL's Removed
    EDITED

Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

• I hurt my back today, oddly enough while sneezing really hard, and am now having a hard time standing up straight, walking...basicially moving. It has been progressily getting worse thruought the day.

URL's Removed
    EDITED

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.