Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test


PamPPam Posts: 43
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
My case has turned out to be very complicated,i applied in 2008 was denied so i hired an attorney. I moved from New Mexico to Texas in 2009 and like all of us i need money to survive so i was forced to return to work even though i am physically unable to . My mother and i live together she is elderly and cannot support me.So, i took on a sednetary job but unfortuantly i re-injured my c-spine again while at work.I have had everything from traction to epidural injections and was off work for 3 months.I returned to work yesterday and told my doc at work that i am unable to sit at a desk and work on the computer, i was told that i would not be given restrictions.
The pain is already becoming unbearable and it has only been two days. I was told by my NS that i need and have needed a fusion from c4/5 c5/6 x2years now.
I know at this point i will probabaly lose my job because i can't last much longer.I see my treating Dr on 10.22.10.

Bulging discs c2/3 c4/5 c5/6
bil foraminal narrowing c4/5 c5/6
bil arms/hands radicularitis


  • Pam,

    About the only thing i can think of is to see about getting a emergency appeal. However, many surgeons are against SSI, as they are there to fix you up so you can return to some what of a normal function positions in life.

    You might check your state and see if they have any types of disability to help you get through the time your absent from work.

    It certainly can't be easy caring for your mother while maintaining employment and having spine issues. But I commend you on all your efforts. Just know that we are all here for you any time you need support.

    Keep us posted on what you decide to do and how you get along. Take care.
  • thanks tamtam for the kind words!I'm in Texas i'm not sure of such programs. I was informed by my Attorney that my case is awaiting a court date.
    The muscle spasm set in Again as i knew it would from sitting, the doc that released me is not my treating doctor. I tried to explain my symptoms but he would not listen to me. I have a call into my N/S
    he knows my history and has been treating my condition.Once the muscle spasm starts no pain meds relieve the pain for me and massage makes it worse.
Sign In or Register to comment.