Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

KNEE pain both legs after Laminectomy

sidthekid87ssidthekid87 Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Spinal Stenosis

I'm new to the board and I have found it to be very informative. I had surgery on Sept. 9th. for L3-L5 and bilateral L3-4 AND L4-5 Foraminotomies. Since the surgery I have real bad pain and stiffness in both knees. Has anyone else experienced severe knee pain after a surgery such as mine? I'm in my second week of PT but it hasn't caused or lessened the pain. I'd be most appreciative for any info that any of you folks have.

Thank you,

• Rick,

Have you mentioned this to your surgeon, or your PT? Sometimes it is just change that can cause pain. When we are fused, the dynamics and loading changes throughout your spine. Maybe you are walking differently, guarded and stiff maybe? Maybe you're more active now, and the knees are getting back in shape? Does heating pads or ice help or change it? I hope you find an answer soon. :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I had ALIF on 8/24 and both my knees are killing me, I assumed like Brenda said, stiffness, I was on No BLT, till yesterday and I just started noticing it last week, trying to sit or stand..... I was like oh no, need to find q knew pain forum!
    Seriously, it is probably exactly what Brenda said, but you should let p/t know and take it from there. I've been using heating pad (moist) to try and loosen them up.
    good luck and get well soon.