Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Naturopathic medicine for pain?

christiecchristie Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Chronic Pain
So - I am looking for alternatives to opiates for pain relief. I am doing PT and pain mgmt classes and everything I can besides opiates. As of now, opiates are not an option for me (my other posts explain) so I'm looking for other avenues when aleve, motrin, tylenol and muscle relaxers still don't cut it. Has anyone ever been to a naturopathic doc? What was your experience? Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

• Hi
    here is a list

Fish Oil - with EPA and DHA totaling at least 3 grams. This may thin the blood alot so be careful if you have bleeding problems

Vitamin D- get a 25ohd test from your Doc. Make sure you are in the high normal range

Zyflamend made by New Chapter. Haven't used it but it's become popular for it's effectiveness

Hyaluronic Acid

Tumeric Extract

Systemic enzymes (not to be confused with digestive enzymes)

None of these will work as fast as the painkillers
    that you've listed. Fish oil,D,CC and MSM in particular will take months of usage before effects are felt. Enzymes, a few days to work

Tiger Balm- a topical for joint pain This works fast

Of course, always check precautions if taking any of these.
    Any ? post back I'll try to answer it

• accupressure or accupuncture may help
This discussion has been closed.