Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Questions for my fellow Spineys......

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello My friends...I know that NO one here can give out medical advice/suggestions!! But do any of these sound similar to your problems???

When I go to fold cloths or anything that my arms have to level or higher then my shoulders there is pain that goes all the way up/down my arms to my back. And they get really tired/weak, my arms that is. I have a numb/highly sensetive area that covers my left shoulder blade......the whole area burns, hurts, feels like ants biting.....
Also my upper back hurts ALL the time......all the way around to the front!!! This all has been going on since I got hit by that car when I was 9....I am 38 now!!

Thank you in advance for any and all postes!!!!

• Oh and I did have Tendonitis surgery on my wrist years ago that never made the pain go away...:(
  • Wish I had an answer for ya, but hang loose a while, Ime pretty sure someone here will have what your looking for. have a great one!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I know I have T-spine problem and I have the same thing your having, not to say you do but that would be a good place to look and sometime just your muscle is your back being out of shape can hurt let you dr know os they can help
  • Thank you for the advice, I had to let my insurance go so I cant go to the Dr but I am checking in on accupuntcture ( sp) so I am hoping that helps.....I am just wondering if I have been hurting all these years in this area and through it was always somthing else...:)
  • Sounds alot like my t-spine related pain. Usually when the pain wraps around you are looking at that area. Very possible that the accident (what caused mine) caused problems with your spine or the connections to the ribs.

The good/bad news is that there is usually not much they can do to "fix" it. When you get insurance you should check into this area. Until then I would focus on pain management (again what I am doing).

And as my mother always told us when we complained that something hurt "then don't do that!!"
  • That how I was and the dr said no it not your T-spine and then I had my NS do a MRI and my T-spine is a mess
  • i have a question...im from croatia so i dont understand this part with "insurance" Insurance in which meaning? tnx :)
  • an arrangement by which a company gives customers financial protection against loss or harm such as theft or illness in return for payment premium
  • Hello Kris, it sounds like thats what I will have to do....I guess all that we can do is learn how to live....cope and enjoy our lives as much as we can!! :):)

Hello Spine and rfe....yeah the Health Insurance that we had wanted to raise our premiums up over $1600 more a year..that would have brought it up over $700 a month just for 2 of us...CrAzY!!!
  • Usually if it is going down your arms it is going to be supplied by the cervical spine. The cervical spine can cause issues into your shoulders as well. Here is a link to a dermatone map that may help you see the difference in the different levels.

• yes that is crazy!!!

• I just want to say thank you all for being there to listen...it helps a BUNCH!!!

When my Hubby sees me on here he will ask me....."you talking with your "BACK" friends??" LOL he is the greatest guy!!

And as for the insurance thing....I have a new idea....when I had applied for SSI they told me that ALL of my medical issues were saying yes I could get it but my Hubby made too much!!! ~X( ....I told the lady there that I didnt want money I just wanted to medical coverage!!! She still said NO we should be able to afford it all......

Well we are in the process of moving back to California and we will be staying with our oldest daughter and her wife.....with no jobs.....so my plan is to apply as soon as we get there!! :D So hopefully I can get some medical coverage that way!!! It is just SOO expensive to have ongoing back issues!!!

Sorry I just needed to get that out!! LOL
  • Did you work if so it does not matter how much you husband makes, they go off your pay and how much you made does not come in it,only in how much you made the more you made the more you get. that is if your in the usa
  • Gosh Polly I didn't even know they factored in your spouses income. Now I know I will never qualify either. That depresses the h3ll out of me.

I hope when you get moved you can qualify for some assistance. Hopefully you will be close enough to one of the better teaching hospitals and you can get in good with one of them as well.

Hang in there :)

• I have never worked till after my fusion.....so I am having to go for the SSI.....

Julie, You have been working so it will be differant for you!!! I didnt mean to depress you!! I am sorry!! :''(

I really really hope that I can get medical help so I can at least get to a PMD so I can figure out what might make me a little more comfortable!!

• Don't be sad Polly. I am a known drama queen... LOL

I have been working and my SS report said I could draw a certain amount (doesn't seem like nearly enough though).

Did I tell you it was really early here and I haven't been able to drink coffee for a few weeks due to nausea? I blame the lack of coffee brain fog and slight panic :)

• Oh NO Julie....no coffee.....That would SUCK!!