Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Shot in the dark on what might be wrong.

DaveNHDDaveNH Posts: 58
I know we not doctors but....
Here's my problem/pain. During the night, not every night but say 4 out of 7, I wake up to pain in my wrists and hands. It's a pain in the wrist just below my hand where all those creases are from your hand joining your arm. An area about 1 inch is KILLER PAINFUL. My hands feel like they are being crushed by course cemment blocks. I have to get up out of bed and wring, shake, rub, wait for about 1/2 hour until the pain subsides enough that I can go back to bed or in some cases just stay up. I've had Carpal Tunnel surgery, Guyoen's Tunnel(?) surgery on my left wrist and Cubital surgery done on my left elbow. Nothing done on right hand, but the same pain. I've had tried splints, "ace" bandage wrap some PT person showed me and it hasn't help. Because of other problems I take vicoden(10/325 X4) and valium 2 X3) and Lyrica(150 X2)daily. I know we are not doctor but has any one ever had symptoms like this? Anything I can maybe google and work myself up over?(lol) The lyrica seemed to help at the begining but now I think I just caught a good couple of weeks, the vicoden helps but I don't want to go there any more then where I am. I'm having a second EMG and the pins test done next month - for a stare and compare. Chopping them off really isn't an option I've got littles ones that need to be held.... I hope it not another neck issue.

Dave V.
New Hampshire.

• Hi Dave!! :)

Sorry to hear this is happening - been there, done that, still have the painful shirt! Now, some of mine is from the neck, some isn't. Have had Cubital, Guyon's and A-1 pulleys done on the right side. Moderate (though it is minor to me by symptoms) Carpal Tunnel on the left.

Mine started in the right wrist (same location your describing), and I was told then I was cramping my hands and curling my wrists tightly when I slept. It would then spasm = hurt and wake me up. My doctor told me to get wrist braces and try sleeping with them. It helped immensely! My guess is you might be 'fisting' in your sleep, and irritating the ligaments and muscles causing spasms maybe? Try some heat and ice (alternate them), see if that helps. For me, the braces stopped my problem within a week. I no longer need to wear them - but still have them if it starts again.

I hope you find that your new symptoms can be brought back under control without needing more surgery. Please let us know how it goes. Take care. *HUG*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.