Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 days post op and im feeling great no pain Meds!!!

Butterflye18BButterflye18 Posts: 20
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Guys,

I'm back, had surgey on the 13th of October. First 3 days in the hospital were the worst but after that..all good. I was on Demerol because I can't do Dilaudid and Morphine causes severe itching in me.Aywayfor home pain I got percoset, demerol and flexeril for muscle relaxer only used demerol once at home(that stuff makes you see things that are not there) =)) Anyway i'm great but hate the darn collar I take it off about 5 times a day and I had a 4 LEVEL LAMINOPLASTY NO HARDWARE. C3-C7 but not in pain.soreness but not pain I'm a pretty strong chick so I guess I bounce back pretty quickly. I am even cooking already. So i figured out that you only need 1 pillow to sleep on and do not prop and try to sleep on a bunch of pillows boy did i learn the hard way. The propping works good for sitting and watching tv. Also using a silk scarf because that foam of the collar does hurt!! I try to act as normal as possible, but i'm not crazy because I do know that this was a big surgery and I do rest. My bleeding disorder was kept under control very well with the ddavp treatment( I have Von Willebrands)so no problems there. Thanks for all the good advise and kind words prior to surgery, I will be checking in daily as i can. :)