Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

As im on the other side im updating post op 9 days after fusion

JaniebabyJJaniebaby Posts: 93
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hiya !! I think I'm doing ok !! Back is still sore but am managing to get around the house ok. Chris is washing me as I can't have baths for 6 weeks. I did a walk today that was 15 mins long !! I'm still taking painkillers but find the time between needing to take them getting longer. Sleeping is good with minimal pain. I still have my dressing on my back , this was changed before I came home. Does anyone know how long this has to be on for ? I have dissolving stitches . I start PT next tuesday and have my followup appointment on the 1st of december , also I'm still wearing stockings , do they need to be on all the time ? I've been told to wear them for 6 weeks !!Is there anything else I should be doing ???

• I bet you are glad to be home. Don't know about the desolving stitches. I had staples and they came out in a week. I kept a dressing on until the incision had scabbed over and then a few days more when I was wearing any heavy tops that might rub. I'm a believer in letting the air get to cuts but you should talk to your doctors office.

SOunds like you have a few questions for them. I know when I came home I thought of lots of things they didn't cover when I was discharged. Call the PA since she can give you the right answers.
  • I also had dissolving sutures. My surgeon had me cover it up in the shower for 2 weeks. I wasn't able to take a bath physically for almost 2 months. Once I got down I wasn't sure how I was getting back up! lol

I wore my TED hose for 3 weeks. I think they told me longer but I was up walking more by then.
    See us nurses are terrible at taking orders..lol

Glad you are doing well. You seem to be doing much better than I was at this time in recovery.
    I didn't sleep more than like 3 or 4 hours at a time for the first month.! Exhausting.

Hang in there