Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new member/little fish mama g

littlefishmamagllittlefishmamag Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:47 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone!!! I am a newbie to this site and would like to introduce myself and hope to talk to and with other people around the web that suffer chronic pain. I'll try to be as brief as possible in this introduction but sometimes thats easier said than done. I was first diagnosed in 2005 with spinal stenosis in the lumber region. Since then I have diagnosed with further stenosis,degenerative disc disease, arthritis,slipped discs facing every direction and this includes the 6, yes, I have 6, lumbar, 2 in my thoracic and 3 in my cervical.I'm sure the new spate of tests coming before the new year will show much more damage. I have all the medical terms for this stuff and would be glad to share but it would a minute to write it all down. I've had almost every test under the sun many MRIs, CAT scans myleograms, X-rays and the like again the list would be long. By the time I was correctly diagnosed the damage was severe enough for my Dr. to recommend that I didnot seek surgery. I got a second and third opinion with his blessing and everyone aqgreed the amount of time and the extensive damage was not worth the risk of further complications due to surgery. I am currently on a Morphine pump (intrathecal)and other narcotics for pain. Unfortunately I am looking at the addition of a Neurotin kind of relief because the neuropathy pain is finally getting to me. I almost forgot my muscle relaxers for those annoying twitches. Well, thats a brief overview of my journey so far I would be thrilled to hear from anyone out there in Spiny Land. I saw that last week on one of the chat rooms and cracked up. Hope to start sharing soon!!!

• j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    And welcome to S.H. forums. I see you've had a long hard journey. I have lumbar issues. And chronic pain. But you'll find people with all kinds of spine and spine related problems on the forums. It's a shame that you can't have any corrective surgery. I've tried neurontin and a few others.But couldn't deal with the side effects. Although I'm known as the "backwards med guy"
    I am thinking of giving lyrica a try. It's one of the few I haven't tried.
    You'll hear a lot of interesting stories on here. And maybe some that you can relate to.
    Good luck, Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. This site has a wealth of spine information with some great articles and videos and these forums have great members who are knowledgeable, helpful and supportive, and best of all understand what you're going through.

I've had lumbar and cervical stenosis and know how debilitating it can be. I have more cervical problems now, but I don't have shooting nerve pain as much as I have deep internal aching and muscle spasms. That's something I'm grateful for - no electric shocks down the legs or arms.

I'm glad you found us. If you're looking for commeraderie with fellow spineys, then this is the place for you and we welcome you with open arms. Like I said, this is a great place for information, but it's also a great place to vent and get support from fellow sufferers.

Take care,
  • I want to add a warm welcome to the Spine-Health support forum! You'll find empathy and some very worthwhile suggestions from other spineys who have been where you are. Thanks for sharing your experience. You've had it rough so far. Feel free to vent all you need to. Your fellow chronic pain spineys are here to support you.

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • First, thank you to the new friends I've made so far. I hope I'm going about this reply and question and venting arena in the right way. I'm very new to the computer and online community. Tried a chat room and enjoyed it. I just can't type that fast!! I recently went to see my family dr for a health concern not related to my conditions. I like the guy but he is not the right Dr. for me any longer. I need some tips about how to go about finding a new one. Such as where and how to start looking so far I've tried word of mouth, referrals from pn dr,this site for info' other sites. I need a family dr that is at least acquainted with the effects of chronic pain and the intrathecal pump I have. If any one has any new ideas please let me know. Thanx again and hope to hear soon mamag
  • thats a shame , they say theres no surgical options for you, as its too late. gosh, i would be interested in talking with you about that,as i also have left things go way too long.
    this is a great site , plenty good information and lovely people here , welcome