Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Joint pain!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
My joints are killing me! I bet I didn’t sleep two hours last night, it is so bad. I had to get up and take some pain meds around 3, I always have that nerve pain down my leg but it was in my freakin’ toes! I was twitching and jerking all night long. I know my hubster got up and slept on the couch – I was driving him crazy. I think it’s the weather, the snow is down to the foothills and it is supposed to snow here in the valley today. Man is it ever cold outside! Froze like crazy last night and rained and rained. I watched the news about 5 before I came in to work and another cold front is moving thru that is bringing lots of that white stuff. Way too early for this already!

• I agree that it is too soon for snow. I have gotten toe andcalf cramps most of my life. They mostly hit during the night when I'm asleep but I had one year when they would come at anytime especially when I was driving.

No doctor ever had a good explanation. Heard the usual eat bananas, more water, stretching. What works the best for me is an aspirin. My husband who sleeps like the dead knows when I wake up screaming (I mean actually screaming) to get me two aspirin. Within a minute it works. Never found out why this happens.

Now I just started getting cramping in my forearm and hand. Does this ever stop?
  • And Mouse and Kris....doesnt it just suck when we cant get any release from any direction!!! It has gotten cold here in Colorado....Oh how I HATE the snow!!!

I know that last winter, which was a year and a half after my surgery, wasnt as painful as this one is starting to be!! I dont know if it is the upper levels or what but I cant wait to move to California!!!!!
  • Or Vegas! Someplace where it's warm all year around would be great! Are you moving to CA then? If so, when? What part? Hopefully by the beach so I can come visit and ride "The Blitz" in the ocean! Something I have always wanted to do!!! I bet it wouldn't hurt either... :)
  • Yep, THAT's IT!! You all just have to move to Florida! (G) Marion, so sorry you are hurting like that. I go through those phases off and on, and yeah, nasty! I was gutted in '02' due to a 3lb+ tumor I didn't know about. I was cut across the major abdominal muscles from hip to hip, and quite frankly, before that surgery, I had no clue how *much* the weather can bother us!

It's been 8 and a half years, and that part of my body still screams with weather, as does now the spiney side of the house! Gentle *HUGZ* that you have relief soon.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hey Marion, we are moving to Bakersfield California on the 7th of Jan!!!! Only 2 hours from the beach!! Bring "The Blitz" out...Pismo beach is wonderful!!!

I am so anxious for warm...even HOT!!!! WOOHOO!!!
  • hi,
    I am new here, When ever I sit in AC, my joints specially knees starts paining, Is it any kind of disease, or defficency symptom, I really want to know the solution to my problem..
This discussion has been closed.