Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow the day nerves now HERE!!

MLT01MMLT01 Posts: 172
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Everyone,

I can't believe tomorrow is already here! :S :-S: Hoping I have everything I need to be prepared and that my family is all set. Just hope this time around is easier!

Maria

spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
Brain shunt 2000"
Brain shunt removed 20001"
ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09
Failed fusion and Failed Hardware
PLIF Fusion scheduled for 10/29/10
advertisement

Comments

• I remember that feeling!!! :SS

My experience was that the anticipation was worse than the surgery, and I am so glad that I had it done. I have lost that awful 'zap' down both legs from the sciatica.

Looking at your history, you have had a rough ride.
    Hopefully this is going to be the way to relieve your pain and get your life back on track.

Try to just put yourself into your surgeon's hands (I also put myself into God's hands) and let him do what is needed. Then it will be over to you for the healing.

Hope that you have a relaxing day and try to do something nice for yourself and eat your favourite food. :D

We will be here waiting to hear from you when you feel up to posting again. :H

• Good morning yes I know the feeling i was there last week at this time last week I was in pre op babbling away to the nurses and fiance I do that when i am nervous woke up 12:30 in room all done was just happy to be on other side as you will be soon and feeling better stay positive that has helped me try to laugh
    my nurses were awesome and had a great sense of humor
    which helped alot ...keep us posted I will pray for you :H
  • Just want to wish you all the best with your surgery tomorrow.Try to do something special today to take your mind off things. We will be awaiting your posts on how you are doing. Take it easy, listen to the doctor, relax and be pampered. Here's to speady fusion :)
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Maria,

I'm sending you positive energy and wishes for a wonderful outcome tomorrow with your surgery. Support *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Maria,

I just wanted to wish you every success with this surgery. You have lots of people here wishing you well.

Sending soft hugs...image
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • and keep us posted!

Angela
  • I certainly know how the 'collywobbles' felt before surgery. I was so anxious I couldn't sleep for 2 nights beforehand. However, when it was all over it wasn't as bad as I had imagined (and the morphine pump was amazing!).

It's not long now till you're on the other side. The physios will have you up and walking in no time!

When you can, it would be lovely to hear from you that everything is OK - or perhaps you can get someone to post on your behalf if you're not feeling up to it when you first get home.

SUE
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • Thank you everyone!! I think I'm all set..House is cleaned/organized extra food in the house for my hubby and kids ect. :)))

I'm actually at the point I can't wait for it to be over!! I will try to post something in a day or so!!

Maria
  • Excellent! Please let us know when "you get onto the other side" okay? *HUGZ* :)

Brenda
  • wishing you the best for your surgery and recovery
    surgery be over with soon
    sending you positive healing energy
    flower
  • Hopefully by now you are out of surgery and on the other side! Now it is time to reocover, rest, walk, rest and have your pain managed!

Thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Wishing you the very best in your recovery!
  • Hello everyone! I made it through and now I'm home! It was worse than what was the thought. The Cat Scan didn't show how bad it was until they were in.

All the hardware was loose and shifted. They actually had to put a 2 times the size screw near my hip also and honestly not sure why. I came home early for that fact my mom fell broke her rib and they were questing a heart attack. Thank God she is fine.

My WBC was 11400 sat and when I left it was 15800. I have been running fevers all day, I put a call into the Dr and I'm on watch! it has been has high as 101. If it goes to 102 then I guess he will take some action. Hope everyone is recovering well! Thank you again for the support!

Maria ~

spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
    Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
    Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
    Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
    Brain shunt 2000"
    Brain shunt removed 20001"
    ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09
    Failed fusion and Failed Hardware
    PLIF Fusion scheduled for 10/29/10
  • Maria,

Welcome to "the other side." I hope your fevers back down and go away so you can fully focus on healing. Remember to follow doctors orders to a "T". *HUGZ*

Brenda
advertisement