Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Frustrated and tired - need to vent

mcdermojummcdermoju Posts: 24
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
I am soooo frustrated and tired of pain. I didn't sleep at all last night due to the arm pain and the pins/needles sensation in my leg, and I did take my sleeping meds. I am almost 3 weeks post op for my cervical fusion. I called the office this morning and finally got to talk to the PA this afternoon. The arm pain they are not overly concerned about yet due to how compressed the nerves were and I was told I'd probably have the pain for a while. Which I guess the pain is better then the paralysis I had when I awoke from surgery. But there is concern about the leg issue and so I have an appointment tomorrow with the surgeon who did the lumbar fusion (same office as the surgeon for my cervical). Until my appointment I am on only Tylenol, which is not helping. I really do not need to have any thing more going on with my back. I found out at the beginning of Sep that my job is being eliminated at the end of Feb 2011, so I need to be looking for a job. UGH, I think I'm just over tired. Thanks for letting me vent.

• Anytime... I hope that the surgeon can give you some answers tomorrow. You're only on tylenol? Maybe they can give you a nerve pain med that may help with your pain, if you don't want to be on narcotics, might even help with your sleep. I take zopiclone, and I know when my pain levels are high, it's like I didn't even take one. Hope you get some rest tonight, and you get the answers you need tomorrow!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Yep only on Tylenol. I was on Norco and Robaxian before surgery and then Norco and Flexeril after surgery. Over the weekend they put me on a steroid pack and valium for 5 days along with the Norco. I am done with the Norco, valium, and the steroid and instead of prescribing something for pain today they are waiting to tomorrow since I was able to get in. The muscle relaxants didn't do much for me, which makes me wonder if it is nerve pain again. I have a feeling it's going to be a looong night and trying all my alternative pain control therapies. :(

• So sorry you're hurting like that! Hopefully soon you will know what is going on. Hopefully for your arm, it will be found that the nerves are acting up as they are now released, and can heal?

As for the leg, same thing. I hope they can get to the bottom of what all is going on there. Positive energy headed your way!! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
This discussion has been closed.