Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 months post l4-l5 microdiscectomy

BrianBBrian Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Recovering from Surgery
3 months from surgery. Yesterday was my last appointment at the neurosurgery clinic. Just PT and taking it easy from here on out. I swam laps for about 20 minutes today. I am allowed to go without my brace so most of the time I am not wearing it. I have been doing some core muscle exercises and also some pullups. I am in no pain but still terrified about a reherniation of the disk. I guess if I keep on the path I am going everything will be alright. My wife is due this winter with our first. It will be very nice to be able to hold the baby. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do that. Looks good for now. I prayed more than usual for this the surgery and recovery to go well. I made some promises to the big guy upstairs if he would make things good for me. Now it looks like I'll be tasked with making good on those promises. I hope everybody who is hurting feels better soon.

• Brian, I remember well your dilemma of whether to have surgery now or after the birth of your baby. It looks like you made the right choice and I'm sure your wife will be very happy to be able to have your help with the newborn.

Congratulations on feeling better and keep up the exercises and keep your promises...