Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

wanted to introduce myself

ouch2oouch2 Posts: 1,270
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone, I recently joined this site, and just love all the information and compassion the members have. Just wanted to take a moment to say hi and let you know what I know thus far about my back problems.
I work in the health care industry and injured my back almost 6 months ago. I am about to hit the big 4-0. I have a disc that is bulging and impingeing on my left s1 nerve root. My ortho surgeon said that l5/s1 is totally collapsed and l4/l5 looks bad.Would that be ddd? I have pain all the time in my lower back and buttocks,down left leg to knee with tingling numbness in lower leg,foot and toes. I have tried physio, accupunture, ESI , with not relief. I am currently on ms contin, percocett for breakthrough and as of yesterday, back on lyrica.
My surgeon is sugesting interbody fusion at l5/s1 possibly l4/l5. I just had a bone scan and will have xrays before I see him on Monday.
Wishing you all a painfree/less day >:D<
>:D< >:-D< : Karen
L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

• Welcome to Spine Health Ouch. I had similar issues, nothing really left at L5/S1 and L4/L5 was getting there. My flexion/extension xrays revealed very serious instabilty and we decided on the PLIF- Posterior-Lumbar-Interbody- Fusion.

It was very difficult recovery, but I usually say by low back feels great I would say 100% better but I say 90%. There are times when I get sore (like if I am on my feet for sveral hours).

Good luck,

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped in... please be sure and get more than one opinion when it comes to your getting surgery.. the more information you have the better for you!! please be sure and check out the "Back and Neck surgery" forum for more information on your procedure.. stop in anytime.. good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to the site, glad you have found us, sorry you need us.

It is a great place for great info.

• Hello Ouch and welcome to Spine-health!!

This is a wonderful group and I am really glad you found us!! Welcome aboard but sorry that you are needing to be here!!