Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ever wonder why you got out of bed???

sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Depression and Coping
I have. Today is one of those days. I really don't have an excuse or a reason for this mood. It's a crappy feeling though. If my son asks me one more time "what's wrong with you" I won't be held responsible! Don't worry, he's bigger than I am. He's 19, 6'2, 200 lbs...but today I bet I could make him yell "uncle". Stay tuned...you'll probably hear that he killed me! hehehe

• Yep. It must be the moon cycle lol ;) Today I forced myself out of bed. Here it is 2:35 PM and I am still wondering why ~X(
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Debbie,

For me it seems more common on those cloudy, rainy days! I know I am more sleepy when there is a steady constant rain. Also too, if I didn't plan something for the day, same sort of thing, "why do I need to leave my cozy little nest?" Gotta scare ya now, okay? You're Normal!!! :) *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    Yep. Maybe you're right. It's probably a cycle of some sort anyway.. ;) Whatever it is I can't stand myself today! Know what I mean?

I've been threatening to go back to bed all day but haven't made it. I keep telling myself to shake this mood but it's not working. Ah well...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day or we should just stay in bed!
    Only problem is, if you're like me, if I lay in bed I get so stiff and everything hurts worse.

It's cloudy here today too so that doesn't help.

I gotta tell you, you're one of the few who've ever accused me of being normal. 8}

I think a lot of my trouble is because I've been taking 2 or 3 flexeril a day and they make me feel sooooo bad! I need a different kind of muscle relaxer I think. What if any do you take? I've tried several but am back stuck with these things. Yuk.

• Sometimes it's depression, sometimes like now it's because I'm not sleeping well, and sometimes it's because I hurt.

But I've promised myself that I'd make my hubby's lunch and get him all packed up and ready to go to work every day, so I have to get up and get him ready by 6:40. Sometimes I only have 10 minutes to do it. The toughest is when he looks at me and says "You can keep sleeping, I can take care of myself."

Hang in there, Debbie. I know that in the months after major surgery like you had it gets depressing because you want to do stuff but you can't do stuff. It's like being stuck in limbo and it's unpleasant, I know.

Take care, my friend. And call me when you want to.
    You sound like me with your hubby. I feel like I have to get up before he leaves for work too. He always tells me to stay in bed or go back to bed but I try to make myself stay up. I feel like if he has to be up I should be too. Since surgery I have laid back down some but seldom go back to sleep. I'm one who once I'm up, I'm up unless I feel pretty bad.

I think I did a bad think by stopping my Wellbutrin XL right after surgery. I should have called my GP and had him call me in a refill. I had this idea that since my neck is 'fixed' and my back is better I'd just quit all my meds (except my prilosec-can't live without it) so when I stop needing pain pills I'll be *drug free*. I'm pretty stubborn and not to darn bright sometimes. Yep, I always learn most things the hard way.

Thanks Cathie. I think we were PM'ing each other at the same time earlier. :D

Talk to you soon.
  • (G) Aw shucks!! (G) Actually most of my pain is direct nerve pain vs much on the spasm side. I've been pretty lucky in that area, so I don't take any. My main drugs of this 'new life' have been Lyrica, Darvocet and Aspirin. Of course the Aspirin goes bye bye when surgery is coming, and for at least 6 months after. I can't take many anti inflammatory medications either (allergic reactions to most), so I am real cautious what I take.

If my lumbar gets much worse, I think spasms will be back (no pun) on the table! Blah! :)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • OK, just kidding. I have a rough time in the morning and my almost-6 year old is the biggest lollygagger in the am. Getting her to the bus stop on time is like an olympic event!!

I agree: sometimes its the weather, or depression, or just not wanting to get up to face the "beast" again. And Brenda is right: you are totally normal, sorry, but I had to let you know.

As far as getting up early with the hubby: I applaud you. I can't do it: I am NOT a morning person. Many days he's up at the crack of dawn to go to the gym before work. It could also be because we got married when he was 40 and had his own way of doing things, or the fact that we worked together in the same tiny office for years until I left to have Sydney and stay home with her. Had to have SOME time on our own, :)

OK, I am rambling. I'll stop now....