Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i called my reg doctor to see if she would send me to the PM doctor

chronic sufferchronic suffer Posts: 115
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Chronic Pain
i called my reg doctor to see if she would send me to the PM doctor. i go see my reg doctor on friday so i should know more then or i may know by then i hope if she will do it or not. i got to thinking about what you guys was saying about the dentist sending me there i am really still having a awful fibro flare because i am under alot of stress and its really cold here its going to get down to 28 tonight it feels like its colder then that. it seems like things are getting worse and worse with the money trouble me and my husband are having because my ssi was taken away from me they say my husband makes to much and they count what he makes as my income but we can't live off what he makes and pay all the bills and also get food for our apt not only was my SSI taken away but my medcaid is being taken away from me at the end of this month so i am trying to find ins that will cover all the meds i have to be on and cover my doctor vists

• Sadly stress does make pain levels worse and then that creates more stress and that makes more pain - vicious circle :(

Sorry things are going so rough for you right now.

Here in Pa they can not count hubbies income against me. I am not on any "programs" but I have checked into it - just in case...

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • SSI is a federal program,they take your household income into consideration even to qualify.Any changes have to be reported within 10 working days,but SSI is different than SS.If CS were not married she would not be losing her SSI,but being married means that his money is your money,your money is his money,and the gov't is not going to support your spouse with SSI whenever he is already bringing in an income and able to work.
    You can call,or go to social services and see if you qualify for any other programs in your area.Even with your husbands income you may be eligible for other types of medical or food stamps,heat assistance,etc.
  • Hope your doctor can get you a referral. On one of Steve's threads I think, some of the people said where you can find insurance companies for your state, if you look that up, or maybe someone can repost them here for you. Try not to stress out too much, as we all know that can trigger pain, but I know it's hard. Take care!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • If you live close to a major city, you should be able to find out if any of the clinics or hospital's are receiving Federal funding.
    If any are they are required by law to treat any and all patients regardless of their ability to pay the medical bills.
    If they refuse to treat you, they will be subject to losing their Federal funding.
    That might also help you lower the cost on some of your bills and maybe get a PM doctor thru them.
    Good luck.
  • But you still have insurance through your husband's work, right? So you're not in such bad shape.

Of course SSI is based on the household income, and your husband's income is considered. It's for people who are very needy. You have income and even health insurance. I know it doesn't seem like enough, but SSI is mostly for people who have no source of income.

The program that is for people with disabilities is called SSDI and they don't consider your income. You said they turned you down, but did you have a lawyer? You can apply again. With your pain issue and LDs together maybe you'd qualify? The thing is, you need a lawyer to help you.

You should definitely talk to your regular doctor about your issues. She should be helping you deal with your Fibro symptoms.

• CS, How are you doing pain wise without any meds. right now?

I would be insane :drool: lol Hope your doing OK. I think of you often :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • i am going crazy because the chronic pain i am in and not having any meds to take for the pain i hope i can get into the PM docotr soon
  • This is the best time to use all of your non-drug methods for dealing with meds. Make sure you're using any relaxation you may have learned through your therapist, your heating pad, hot baths, etc. when you need something to get your mind off of the discomfort!

But you're also still taking Lyrica for the fibro, correct? That should be giving you some relief.
  • I don’t know how you can stand it if you have no pain meds for this long! Someone mentioned you did have some Lyrica; I sure hope so! Personally, Tho I have come a long way, that would be something I could not tolerate. No amount of heating pads and hot baths would be helpful on any level. What state are you in CS? I know here there are hospitals with programs designed for peeps without any income. They take care of all of it. I am sure there must be something similar in your state that would be able to help you. I would certainly be finding out. Take care
  • i am on Lyrica but its not helping like it should be and i am coming off it because the way it makes me feel i can't stand it any longer and i have been trying everything i can like my heating pad but nothing is helping me right now i am about ready to go to the er because i am really hurting and its getting worse i can't stand it any longer so i am going to have to go to the er i really don't want to but i can't stand this pain any longer i will let you guys know when i get back
  • If I was in your boat, I reckon I'd have done that about a week ago. Good luck!
  • I think you are better off waiting until you see your doctor. This will make, what, your 4th ER visit this year? I don't think the ER visits are helping your situation at all :(

Doesn't your doctor have a way to see her the same day if things are in a bad way? She could prescribe you medication as well.

• CS did you get to the dentist today for your cleaning? I thought they were going to get you in to see a new PM doc?

If you go I hope the ER is able to do something for you. But you really need to find long term continuous care. The ER can only put a bandaid on your pain at best. A PM doc can get to the heart of the problem to give you long term relief.

Good Luck.
  • I went to one for one visit and never went back. He was not interested in helping me control my pain with meds. All he wanted to do was to implant a Spinal Cord Stimulator in my back -- gave me no other options. My backside was the last view he ever had of me.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • Thank You - I needed that excellent laugh at the end of my day!! You are so subtle humorous sometimes! M
  • i just got home from the er i have a ranging uti and kidney stones i knew i had a uti but did not know how bad it was till i went to the er i have to go to my reg doctor on friday to be checked to see if its any better they gave me some pain meds for the pain and also meds for the spams and meds for the uti to
This discussion has been closed.