Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi... I'm new to all of this... and I thought I had it bad!!

msmarizemmsmarize Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm looking at surgery... hopefully really soon. My surgeon told me a couple weeks ago that all I had to do was "tap" out... basically when I could no longer tolerate the pain. I've learned so much from reading the posts on this sight... most importantly how fortunate I am. I have a whole new respect for people who deal with nerve damage... my dr said that it is a very intolerable type of pain. I had o idea how bad nerve pain could be! And I thought I was tough cuz I had an 8.5 lb baby with no pain relief and didn't make a peep.... well... either I was tougher when I was younger, we are programed to forget childbirth, or maybe the constant pain and being COMPLETELY disabled wears on a person. If anyone can give me any info on the likelyhood that it's the spur pushing on my thecal sac causing all this nerve pain(like electrical impulses down my arms making the muscles jump), or are the bad discs at c5 and c6 the issue? And what is the likely hood of further damage if I say, took a fall on the stairs? My pain is A LOT worse and where do you find info on what causes nerve damage?? I'm almost completely diabled!!! AM I going to have to pay someone to wash my hair?!?!?
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,617
    I hope that you can find friendship and support here as I have over the past several years. What you are reporting sounds all too familar to many of us "neckies" on the forum here and I hope that your surgery will provide relief.

To answer your question(s) ... I'll ask you a few ...
    What did you surgeon say?, When are you scheduled for (what)type of procedure?, How long has this ben going on and have you tried conservative methods such as Physical Therapy, Injections, Massage, anti-inflamatories, etc?

Most importantly ... have you gooten a second or third opinion that surgery is THE best course of action at this time.

Sorry I can't answer your questions, its because I'm not a doctor and don't even play one on T.V. but I have learned that through asking questions ... food for thought and the correct questions for your doctor(s) are developed.

Again, Welcome to the forums!

D
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you got some good advice from "D." please have a look around and make yourself at home.. there are so many options now available for nerve damage that i do hope you find help... good luck and stop by anytime... Jenny :)