Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question...but NOT complaining

tarheelgirlttarheelgirl Posts: 473
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Health Insurance Issues
As some of you know I recently was awarded a favorable decision by SSD. I had retained an attorney. The attorney fee was supposed to be $6000 or 25%...I thought whichever was less, which in my case would be the $6000. Well, I got a letter explaining my benefits...they told me my total back pay amount. Then my back pay showed up in my account minus about $3500. That's it. I keep expecting to get a notice from my law firm saying I owe them more money. I know the attorney's fees usually come out on top...but I'm a little concerned that they didn't get their entire fee...or perhaps my back pay was higher than was stated and what I got was correct? Any takers on this one?

I did sign my 4 kids under 18 up under SSD and they recieved back pay as well, but theirs...you have to keep receipts and make sure their money is spent solely on them...not a vacation or any other thing. With what they recieve each month, they certainly probably eat it in food and we of course use it for shelter.

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    If you are comfortable telling us, what was your back pay amount and what period was it for?

The attorney should get 25% up to a maximum of $6000. Did you get the attorney yourself or via some type of LTD/WC assistance from an insurance company? Do you have a copy of the fee agreement form you would have had to sign to have an attorney get paid directly?
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos