Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 week check-up-Good News

bobbinladybbobbinlady Posts: 35
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:48 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi everyone
I just had my 6 week checkup yesterday and was given good news. My back is beginning to Fuse. Yippee!!!! I asked the Dr. when I could go back to work and he said as of yesterday. He just said to be careful. I went to 1 of my jobs today (Asst Mgr at retail store). Mostly standing and walking. I did a 5 hour shift. Not a lot of back pain, just fatique. When I got home I had info from my more important job (The one with benefits to see about me coming back). So tomorrow I go to see about that one. That job is a Parapro in a Special Ed. Self Contained classroom of 4-5th graders. Great group of kids. They all fuss at me if I bend or try to pick something up.
My pain now is still the surgical pain and the muscles in my right leg. I am sure that will go away.
Wish me luck!
advertisement

Comments

• Oooh well done !! I'm hoping for similar news at my check up in dec !! It will be 7 weeks since the fusion on my spine so hoping that it has started to fuse !! I too work in retail but fulltime so I do think it will be a while till I'm up to the full quota !! But its great to hear that life is getting back to normal xx
  • Thanks for sharing "Happy" news - always love to hear success. Good for you woman!!! Try not to overdue. Supportive *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I'm so pleased you are able to resume work after six weeks. Take it easy and if people offer to help you (i.e. if you need to bend over to get anything), then accept it.
    SUE
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • Got a call to day to say my STD was approved (no surprised there) until December 12. This was not a surprise either. They usually are conservative and then ask for more paperwork. I expect to go back to work right after the holidays.

I am so glad to hear that you doing well and FUSING!

Angela
  • Glad to hear you are doing great 6 weeks post op! It's great to learn that the fusion process is starting to take...that's great to hear. Don't push yourself too hard when returning to work. I hope I can follow the same advice myself. I am returning to my desk job tomorrow after 6 weeks at home; hopefully day 1 won't be too overwhelming.

• bobbinlady--so glad to hear you're showing signs of fusion already! I hope your return to work was smooth and you're not too fatigued by the end of the day.

I have my 6-week check-up day after tomorrow and am really hoping there are signs of fusion starting! That will mean I don't have to wear this brace when I'm out and about.
    Linda

2009 Foraminotomy C6-72010 PLIF L4-S1Multi RFA's, cervical inj, lumbar injLaminectomy L3-4 and fusion w/internal fixation T10-L4 July 17Fusion C2-C5 yet to be scheduled
  • Glad to hear your fusing.
    Just taker easy, and take all the help you can get.
    There's no sence rushing it, and ruining the fusion process.
advertisement