Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

artificial disc with an adjacent fusion

mrsblood312mmrsblood312 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello All
I joined aliitle over a week ago and was hope to get some feedback on a post I put out in a different forum. I didnt get any replies so I'm posting it again here- hoping to find more in my "boat" so to speak-
So here goes....
Help..sleepless in NJ
Iam searching for fellow "hybrid construct" patients to exchange recovery stories and current conditions. FYI hybrid is an articial disc replacement with an adjacent fusion- mine is at L3-4(charite)and 360 cage fusion L4-5...
Its so hard to know what to do next since this fix was clinical trail...and Iam deseparte to find other patients and doctors but not much luck.. seems so infrequent.. i had the procedure done in NYC 4 years ago
Today local doctors are not helpful, expect for my pain managemnt saint... can help with post op changes never damage is progressing fast, losing right foot to extreme temperature changes (colder by like 10 degree)...
anyone else..or am I alone in this "hybrid" hell?

• Have you typed ADR in the search box at the top of this page?
    I did and saw several posts about ADR's here on SH.
    Give that a try and see what you come up with.
    Just click on the post and it will take you to the full comment.
    Best of luck.
    Patsy W
  • Patsy..

Thanks for the suggestion but having an "just" an "ADR" is only half of what they did to me. There's tons of folks with articial disc- which can- only be used orthopedically at non-prior surgery site. So in short most of the folks with a one level ADR are functional better off-you know virgin areas of surgery will have less scar tissue extra. So thats very different then my start point.

Basically I missed the boat for the one level ADR @ L4-5 having two prior laminectomies there (02) (04). In 2006 a "top doc in NYC" decided my only best bet to functional again , after a roll over car addicent was to to fuse that prior surgery area (L4/5) but to also add a very unconvectionally reconstruction @ L3-4 with a Charite ADR..
    Hence " a hybrid" ...I knew I was going in that there were only like 40 of usa having this specific techinque but that was in 06 so Iam really hoping if I reach out I can FIND some others. Thanks again for the suggestion and trying to help..Iam sorry for the long reply but there just doesnt seem an easier way to explain all of this...hugs and love Kim
  • I searched "hybrid" and third one down was a poster looking for people who have had hybrid adr/fusion.Post was in 2008. There were a couple of people on there that have had the surgery. I also pm you a link to a site that has a forum about adr, including hybrid.
    Hope that helps.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry i cannot help you with your problem but i am famaliar with pain.. i do hope you have an excellent recovery!! good luck to you and stop by anytime! Jenny :)