Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Introduction.

medic008mmedic008 Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all my name is Tyler and I have been a CPP for the last 6 years.

It all started in 2004 with a football injury to my left shoulder that proceeded to kill all of my cartilage in my shoulder. I have a hemi-plasty on the humeral head with a cadaver cartilage allograft.

I played football from the age of 8 until 28. I also played hockey and baseball. About 2 years ago I started having SEVERE pain in my lower back with pain radiating to my right leg. I was brushed off as having muscle spasms for the first 6 months. Had a MRI done and it showed severe DDD in my entire lumbar area. So I did my PT, didn't work. Got my Epidurals, minimally effective. Did my facet injections, no help. Now it is on to my discogram this Friday the 19th. The Dr is talking about disk decompression if the results this Friday are positive.

So that's me in a nut shell.

Also, I am a RN/EMT-P if anyone has any questions. But if you ask, just remember, they are my opinions and not a medical diagnosis.

• Hiya Medic,, was just reading your post, but didn't realize it was from you and thought, wow, gotta get this poster to talk to the medic from chat, so I was gonna respond, but needed a name and it was YOU. I hope some ppl that have had the discogram give your their experices, and don't scare you.

Nice meeting you.
  • I had my discogram last month, and was really nervous about due to all the "horror" stories. A positive test is very uncomfortable, and will get your attention for sure! But it is a good diagnostic tool for your medical team.

This forum is a great place, with tons of great support/advice.

Good luck,
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck Friday. i hope you recieve some results you can work with.. please have a good look around and make yourself at home.. stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • 'twas nice chatting with you the other day even if you are a "cheesehead". that was you, wasn't it?
  • Hello Tyler and welcome aboard!!

I look forward to getting to know more about you!!
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome. And yes Ruth, that was me. :-)

Tomorrow is my discogram, and I really am not looking forward to it. Yes I want to get it done, but I just don't want the extended pain I have seen so many talk about. Oh well, it needs to be done so I can figure out what is going on back there.

I'll update tomorrow after I get home.