Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Writing your lifes story

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,393
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Depression and Coping
If you lokked back now, whereever you are in your journey, is there a lesson learned? was there a triumph or tragedy you learned from?

What is your perception and your reality? we all have who we want to be inside our head, in our spirit.

Physically we are not the person we used to be, which opens the door for change, we can now be as noble, kind, brave and lovingas we envision a person to be. The smile in the rain is the most beautiful someone said.

Its a new chapter in your life, it may not be the best you wanted for yourself, or where you planned to be, but it is up to you to still do the very best you can for yourself.

We are right here, right now, the future is what we will create as we live the days through, Write your story, fill it with triumph, and with tragedy, with all your love and strength fight for the right to be free from the earthly, physicality of pain,
exceed yourself, write the story of your life to where people will look at you and wonder at the courage and strength, and be the example for them to have when its their turn at infirmity.

Be the hero of those who will need one
Be the hope for the hopeless who will come behind you
Be the shining example of what a person can be,in any condition in life.
Are ya up to it?
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Ranch - thank you - every day!
  • Now you have me feeling bad :(

I wish that I did have the faith to go out on that limb and do some of the things I crave in my heart. For now I am getting by with caring for my family and spending some extra time with my kids. My son will be moving away for college next year so these are some special times.

Maybe the new year can bring me some courage.
  • Why not start today?

I have always had the attitude, of making each day the BEST day that I could.

"someday" is not on the calendar!

If I take today and try to make each thing I do, the best I can, and accept that somethings are just going to be done when I am only 40% done, guess what, I may not have finished, but it is done, Its off my plate, and it is better than not ever trying to do it.

I try to touch one person each day, I hug people each day. I ask where the street vendor is from. And tip him if he is away from home. There are all kinds of little ways to change someones life!

Moments - like this, make for a great day. Seven days of this makes a week and weeks make a life of enjoyment.

And it all starts with a decision.
  • Yes it does ☼
    Ranchhand-that was nice!
  • I always love reading your posts,,, thank you
  • Perception IS Reality!

Your perception is not necessarily my reality but it is yours.

My perception is my reality.

However I perceive myself, my situation, that becomes my reality.

Therefore I cannot perceive this to be anything but my next great adventure. There are things here I must do.

You are not what you WANT but what you see yourself as.
    Envision it perfect.
    Write your own reality.
    It's your perception that makes it what it is.
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Hey Ranch,
    Your topics definitely create some thought here amongst us and you are an asset to this site. It reminds me how lucky I am even though I had and will continue to have my challenges. It has taught me patience, something I had lacked prior. It has taught me to be caring, to be a good listener, and to be
    helpful to others. Material items aren't as important, I am aware of the more simpler things in life.
    After every recovery from a surgery I push myself harder to be better and stronger than before. For me it's a challenge and a diversion. I've learned to laugh at my pain, knock me down, but I'm going to get back up and dust myself off and keep coming back with more vengence than ever.
    I think it was Tim McGraw that sang, "live like your dying."
    Thanks Ranch and all you others, you inspire me, and I only hope I can do the same for someone else.
    Take care,
  • I have learned from every triumph and tragedy in my life. I have always believed that everything happens for a reason, so I always look for that reason. Hindsight being 20/20, it's easier to figure it out once it's over, but I still always look.

I've always said once a chapter is closed in my life, I close it, put it on the shelf to collect dust, and maybe peruse it once in a while to remember where I came from, what I've done, who I've met, what I've learned along my travels.

I'm coming up on closing the biggest chapter of my adult life. I can't wait to put this one on the shelf and start the new one. I have nothing but blank pages ahead of me to fill, and I find it so exciting! It's the waiting for it to happen that is driving me insane, lol.

And Kris, why do you feel bad? You are caring for your family, and spending extra time with your kids, I'm sure your son appreciates that more than you know this year especially. You are their hero! Don't feel bad, you're doing things for your family every day, whether you realise it or not. And you do it with the strength and courage to keep going in spite of pain.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Kris, Dont you feel bad for what ya cnt do, feel great for what you can no? Dont you worry, you will get where you want to be when your good n ready, we all have comfort zones, when the time comes it will be like sunshine on your face!

You guys are awesome!
    Centurion, I love the can do go and git it attitude!
    Frog, You rock, I love the perception, your right about that.

Ranger, I think that is a side effect of having to slow down and and face our lives as they unfold and go untidy before us

Kelly, You Inspire me by getting on with life every day despite infirmity...

All You guys Inspire me for getting up after the punch was thrown and we got knocked down, I think that is the essence of Spiney, Its not how hard we were knocked down..

Its the willingness to stand back up, again and again, for as many tiomes as it takes,
    That is a chapter in our lives story no?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health