Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First i was a neckie now I am a backie and so i;ll be a neckie again!!

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
Well after traveling two three different hospitals that all stated "We don't do emgerent MRI"s (Curious) I finally last night went to one that did .... and guess wht??? Give up??

My stinking back is as bad if not worse that my stinikin neck! Who'd a thunk, Who'd a guess'ed - Just my Luck !!

Cause you no if I didn;t have have bad luck ... Id have non at all.

This was prompted by the pains that would disallow me to even sit, about a week after my car accident. Walkigng was a whole other story.

So now my life is complete .... I am both sides of the coin... Some-one please flip me.

Spine-health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Maybe we could just stand you on edge :)

That stinks. How life can change in a minute. What I would give to change what I did that afternoon. But it isn't going to happen.

What's next? Do you have a doctor who will see you for this?

As far as the MRI I'm surprised that you were able to get one done from the MRI. I've never heard of that. The er doctor even wanted one on my son and was told that it couldn't be done unless he was admitted.
  • Welcome to my world. Cocktails at 7!
  • Oh "D"...what about a rotisery(sp)?? LOL...

Is it hurting any less this afternoon?? Probably not and i am sorry for that!!

We are both end twins...my lumbar was first...now the neck...rotisery for 2...LMAO!!

Keep us posted on what the Dr says ok??
  • Wow! Our local hospital allows walk ins! I do that for my MRI's and x-ray series, blood work, of course it might be different in that I have a prescription. If your son had a prescription, I am shocked that they would "admit" him for an MRI???

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Howdy Dave,

I hear ya, and feel vicariously the pain! I started on the neckie side, and now am a neckie, backie and thoracic! A "Tri-fecta" if you will. Isn't life grand? Sorry your joining a bothie club darlin! *HUGZ*

• Hey there Metalneck! I am a backie and neckie as well. Have had 2 2-level lumbar fusions (L2-S1 fused).

My neck is a trainwreck too, but thankfully it looks like I can put off the inevitable surgery for awhile. Sorry you have joined the "Exclusive Club", now if only there were membership privilages.....

Take care,

• He was there for the ER. Stupid kid jumped off the back of his bike and bruised his knee. That was Friday night (10 days after my surgery) and by Sunday morning the whole knee was blown up. So we took him to the ER. They called in the orthopedist and he wanted an MRI but they said not unless he was admitted. I guess they want to discourage people from using the ER for diagnostic testing.

I took him to my ortho the next day and had the MRI done in the afternoon.
  • Our hospitals are totally different. I slammed my knee (the one I had surgery on in 89) and it was huge. They took one look, x-rayed it, and then right into the MRI. Hummmm...

Reference your back, are they going to refer you to a Neurologist, or a surgeon? I know we've discussed your neck, so just wondering if your present doctors will be working with you on this new issue?

• I'm a 2 level neckie and a 2 level backie.
    Do they serve cocktails at this club? ;)
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    I was just getting ready to HELP ME SURVIVE post but the little stone tossed down the hill eariler has grown so nicely!! Thak you all .... I feel so very close to each of you even though we have never met.

Just got back from my alternate G.P. with sript for MScontin 60 2X day and enough valium to sink the titanic. His main comment was the one the disks and not only herniated by also but had exuded disk material into the adjacent space "not extact words"
    will provided in another post .... never have I seen some many ostephytes, disc bulges, broard based disk protusion in my life. The $20,000 is .... how much of this was casues by the accicent .... and how much was pre-exsisting. Time and attorneys will tell that story. Again on the ++ side more fuel for SSD??

Maybe baby!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• I'm part of the "both" club, but I think it totally sucks that both of yours are so severe. What the heck did you do to yourself???

So, what's next? What's the plan?

I really feel for you and sorry that you're having to go through so much. Let us know what the next step is in this fantastic voyage you're on.

This discussion has been closed.