Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sleep, Wonderful Sleep!!

patwhite101ppatwhite101 Posts: 1,213
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Sleep Problems
I have had trouble sleeping for years and the past few years have been taking Klonopin as a sleep aid.
I had tried over the counter sleep aids but they left me "hung over" the next day. You know that feeling....you are sleepy all day and drag around in a fog.

My sisters Doctor put her on Valerian AND Melatonin and it worked wonders for her. Because it's all natural I decided to give it a try. It worked!! I had tried Melatonin alone and it did nothing for me but combined with the Valerian it worked wonders for me too!! No more Klonopin for me!!!

Now I sleep all night long and wake refreshed.You can buy both of these at any Health Food Store or online

Take a 500 Valerian cap in the afternoon and the Melatonin at bedtime.(i hope I am spelling Valerian correctly)

Because I have been on the Klonopin for so long I was afraid this would not work for me but it does!!

I strongly urge anyone who has sleeping problems to try this all natural, non addicting, combo.
Good luck to all.
Cheers :H I)
Patsy W.

• Trying OTC medications in conjunction with other prescription medications should be run past your prescribing doctor first. Just because a medication or supplement is OTC, doesn't make it a risk free product.

Spine Health Moderator
  • I was very intrigued by this post topic. I NEVER sleep well! Even with restoril, it is horrible to suffer from sleep deprivation, especially post operatively, when one needs to sleep & heal.
    I'm on a lot of meds, the restoril worked for me for about a month (gave me about 4 hrs of good sleep) now I take it and lay awake! My PM doc offered me stronger sleep meds, but I want to be rid of medications not graduating to stronger ones!

I was giving a book after my Myelogram (from the hospital) last week Drug, food & supplement interactions and I was pretty surprised to learn how many foods, vitamins & herbal supplements can alter the way your prescription meds work.

Patsy, I'm very happy to hear you are sleeping well!

• My PCP saw no problems taking these with my other medications.
    But yes, one should always check with your Docor first.
    And one should not take more than 0.3mg of Melatonin. Another important point I forgot to mention.
    Patsy W