Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain patches

Can anyone tell me if they have had skin reactions to pain patches (any pain patches)? Or does this only happen to people with exsisting skin conditions?

Angie xx

• I tried Norspan patches and Fentanil patches too and the Norspan made me feel sick and itch around the patch but the others where ok.
  • I had some skin issue, where I applied it, would be red and raw after I pulled it.

I used a little baby butt cream after and it went away quickly.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    the entire area user area under the patch would be erthemotous and itchy. I could ususaly wait till the the next and swich spots as directed.

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• I just started the Fentanyl patches a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't had any kind of redness where the Fentanyl patch is placed, but did have a lot of redness with the first covering I used. (I can't remember the name of it... shoot!).

I also use the Lidoderm patches and haven't had any redness with those.

I switched the covering for my Fentanyl patch to the Tegaderm adhesive and have had no redness.

As Centurian said... after you remove a patch, you can apply a cortisone cream to the affected area if you have any redness or itching.

Wishing you the best and less pain,

Tammy >:D<
  • I've been on Fentanyl patches for about a month. I have very sensitive skin that doesn't even do well with bandaids, but I've been fine with these patches. Maybe a mild itch that I can do nothing about, but no redness or problems. I worried about it because I was wearing a Combi-Patch (hormone) for several months earlier this year and developed a sensitivity to it that was so bad I had to have them change me to a pill instead.
  • Like Honeysmom, my mom has very sensitive skin and she's been using the Fentanyl patches for about 7 or 8 years now.

We did find that, for her, they work best and have less chance of being a skin issue if we put them on her lower thigh right above her knee.

She has very dry, sad skin from years of childhood sun damage :( and, between the unreal number of skin cancers that are constantly popping up (and OUT!) and the dry/papery-ness of her skin, that place seems best for her.
  • I have been on norspan for about 5 mths for severe back pain,prolasped disk L5 S1.
    I have severe red painful itchy square on my arm from the patch,gets infected and Soooo itchy it drives me crazy.
    Do they make norspan for sensitive skin,I am allergic to band-aides.
    I cant take a lot of things like morphine tablets as they make me throw up but I can handle the 5mg norspan.