Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please pray for me+++UPDATE++++

iowarobiniiowarobin Posts: 1,268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:48 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
###I just got off the phone with the Drs office, and I AM APPROVED!!!!THANKS for all the prayers, it just shows the power of prayer. Now, I only have 12 days to be ready!!Thanks again, I am one happy girl!!####

The last time I had my 2 level fusion, 2 years ago, I had to take my insurance company to the state level of appeals to get my surgery. They initally denied my surgery the day before surgery.
Well, this time we started early for prior authorization. 2 weeks ago the Drs office faxed in my info for prior auth. She called last Monday and was told it was recieved and being reviewed. On Weds of last week she called to check status and was told they didnt have anything, and that she needed to get prior auth for surgery. The Drs office didnt tell me till today, as they didnt want to wreck my weekend. So today she calls and tries to find out where the paperwork went. I guess they gave her a general fax, and no one forwarded it to anyone. No one can explain why they said they got the info last Monday. No one can find it...
How do you loose 21 pages of fax for surgery request? The Drs office got the fax number for the direct spine fusion authorization and now have sent all 21 pages again... Something is very wrong here. I am very nervous now, as I have met my $10,000.00 ded and if I dont get it approved it will be another $10k after the first of the year. You think they have this figured out..You bet.. Please pray that maybe, just maybe things will go as planned. I need all the help I can get!!!
That and I have gone down on fentanyl patches for surgery so that it will work better afterwards, so I am hurting more than ever!!!AARRRGGGG :(

• I am really sorry about your predicament. I wonder who is your insurance carrier? If this won't get resolved soon, maybe you should contact a patient advocate at your medical office or at the insurance company.

I will keep you in my thought. Please let us know if you hear anything, hopefully something positive. Good luck!

• You will be in our thoughts and prayers! I hope everything goes well and you get the approval that you need!
  • Dreadful how that goes with insurance. The ole 'lose the fax' thing is pretty common in my experience. Sad. Prayer & positive mojo heading your way.

• Positive thoughts and energy heading your way woman! I truly hope this resolves and you can get your surgery BEFORE the new year rolls over! *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • TONS of prayers & thoughts are coming your way :hug:

I can only imagine your fears & frustrations over this.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I would call the insurance company and verify that the fax was received. Does you Dr. office have a fax confirmation number? Write down the name of the person that confirms the fax was received along with the date and time of the confirmation. I would call daily until you are given a denial or approval. Let the insurance company know that they are causing needless pain, suffering and possible permanent damage to the nerves by delaying the surgery. Also that you suspect that they are delaying the claim so you will have to pay the deductible again at the start of the new year, Threaten to take your claim to the state insurance board. Be very aggressive when dealing with your insurance company. I would want to know where my original medical records that were faxed in are. Mention HIPA laws to them, they apparently have not kept your medical information from being lost. Good luck
  • Hello Robin,

I will pray for you today!

• so sorry for all this stress. You could do without that!

I am praying for you. >:D<
  • You and many are always thought of!
  • I am praying you through this time of stress....
    I understand issues with insurances..my hubby needs a heart operation, only becasue the one in May is failing...and we are trying to find insurances, since we owe over 100,000 for the first one!

jlrfrye had some really good info in their post that is worth following...

hang in there ;)
  • Prayers in bound from me, to Him for Robin.
  • I hope to come back here tomorrow to see the insurance got all the info and it's a go! Prayers for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sad the way ins. co. treat people.
    But if they were in your shoe's it would be a different story.
    Your in my thought's and prayer's.
    Best of luck.

• All systems go!!! =D>

I'll keep praying for a successful surgery and that you will be kept comfortable.

We are here to support you through this. :H

• Congrats Ms. Robin! So glad this all got squared away. (Watching Robin..) Happy Feet Dance!!! :)

• I think I'm going to send Mike to church tonight, as our prayer list is really long!

That's always good though... O:)

Love you,

• Did I miss something? People are saying good news and such things??? I am confused - did you get good news about this? It's been a longggggg day today but I did not think so long that I can't find such a post here lol ;)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Actually MsHumpty, I almost posted the same thing! I had to go to her very first post where she "Updated" it to see she was/is now approved for her surgery.

She inserted at the top of her original post that all was approved! :)